Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: TrueSharp Power Rotary Blade Sharpener

TrueSharp Power Rotary Blade Sharpener

I know this was in another post, but would like someone to answer that has used this machine. Is it worth the money?

I bought one based on the comments from other board members - I have used it one time on three blades that were in poor shape. I only used the fine honed stone - I ground each blade 3 times on each side and was not impressed with how sharp the blade was i.e. not very sharp. However because my blades were in poor condition I should have used the coarser stone first and then the fine stone... so I am still not sure what I think of this sharpener - it does take some time to do all that sharpening for each blade. I do not have a lot of patience so I just bought 5 new blades on Amazon.

Blog Entries
    Worth every cent - depending where you buy it. Got mine from joann.com on sale. Shop around

yel
    Blog Entries
    use coarse one then the fine one ......i have a tru sharp that you don't even take the blade out of cutter .....it was $39.99 at e.b. at paducha but i have saved that much in blades and bandaids ---taking blades in and out lol ....i like it and all the friends come over with their cutters and use it as well

Yel, Is this the one you use?
    TrueCut Rotary
    Blade Sharpener