Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: truly portable design wall

Blog Entries

truly portable design wall

I was just reading another post about traveling with an Olfa cutting board... and JaninVA quoted petthefabric (i think)... about using command strips to hold up a flannel backed tablecloth for a design wall... I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!! I have an older home with old plaster walls and it's a beast getting any thing to hang..... but this will work!!! This is genius!!!

so thank you, petthefabric and JaninVA!!!!!!! I can't wait to go get command strips and find my flannel backed tablecloth! woo hooooooooo!!!
    "... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

Blog Entries
    I also used this method. I sewed a channel in the top and bottom of the table cloth and inserted a narrow diameter PCV pipe in each one. I used the largest command hooks and just cut the table cloth where the hooks meet the pipe. The pipes really make the tablecloth hang straight.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

I sometimes travel with a king sized flannel sheet and some safety pins. The sheet can be pinned to curtains in a room, and it can be rolled up with the pieces stuck inside.

Coupons for Command Hooks available on their website (left side of the page):
    http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M...&WT.ctod=10:50

Blog Entries
    Great ideas everyone!!! thank you for sharing! i've been frustrated for a LONG time with no design wall!
    THANK YOU!!!!!
    "... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

Blog Entries
    How about a roll up jigsaw cloth. I use that with piece of paper. Of pieces to stop sticking to otherside. I also use the older version which was a solid piece about 24 by 18 with two closing flaps over.
    Finished is better than a UFO