Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
trunk show >

trunk show

trunk show

Old 09-29-2015, 04:30 AM

Default trunk show

The local quilt guild is having a trunk show. I think Judy Neimeir is coming . What is a trunk show ,can I buy things or is it just a display. Quilt shop not open yet so I can't call them
Old 09-29-2015, 04:42 AM
Power Poster

A trunk show is literally a trunk full of a designer's quilts. Normally, most of them bring along their patterns to sell. Love her work, it is so stunning. She has even started designing batiks for Hoffman and TT. Such a talent person. Have fun!!
Old 09-30-2015, 03:25 AM

Would love to see her quilts up close. She does fantastic work. Some day I'd really like to try one of her patterns.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:00 AM

Judy Niemeyer trains people to teach her method of constructing her foundation-pieced patterns. These people train at her facility in Montana and have a whole collection of quilts (trunk show) made with these patterns. Then they teach a workshop. I recently took one at my local guild. It was fun and very intense. She and her staff have done a great job of presenting her patterns and techniques. The instruction books are very detailed. I wouldn't hesitate to buy pattern or kit for a bigger project after taking the workshop at which I made a wall hanging-I am using my foundation pieces to make placemats.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:02 AM
Power Poster

Usually a trunk show is a show and tell of the designer's quilts along with a lecture. It isn't a display like a quilt show. Usually there are helpers to hold up each quilt as the designer tells you a bit about it. Sometimes (it completely depends on the presenter) the quilts are laid out on a table or set up on temporary hang stands so you can go look at them up close after the lecture/presentation but I have attended some where that was not the case. I suspect Judy will attract a large audience. If you are interested in going you are well advised to sign up for the event ASAP and get there early so you get a good seat. Often the designer will have their products for sale before or after the lecture but not always. Judy will may have patterns available for you to buy or she may just refer you to her website www.quiltworx.com. I absolutely love her stuff. If you go, please come back and tell us all about it.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:33 AM

Got a hold of the shop,she's not coming but a certified teacher is,it still should be fun