Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Trying to downsize

I piece with maxilock too - got it on clearance and have never had any problems using it in a vintage singer machine. Can't use it in my "modern" machines. They don't play nice. I don't use it in the bobbins though - even the vintage machines I have can't tolerate it as bobbin thread.
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

use it all the time for peiceing. just put it in a mug on the table in back of the machine and away i go. never had a problem. for holding the quilt together and quilting though i make sure i use cotton thread and i like to match my fabric.

I just made a serger quilt at an Eleanor Burns retreat. Had no problems with the threads.

Blog Entries
    Are there different qualities of serger thread? I have been told not to use it for quiting as it is weak. I also have a large supply which came free with my serger.wish I could use it.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Interesting and timely topic. I was just at my repair shop for my Topaz 30 Viking on Saturday. My repair man said it is perfectly OK to use serger thread in the bobbin when doing embroidery. I was surprised to hear this as I thought I had to use bobbin thread in the bobbin. Does anyone use it in the bobbin when doing embroidery? I have bobbin thread to use up, so haven't tried it yet. Thanks.
    Sophie2

Wow! Thanks for the info guys!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4