Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to get over the hump and finish...

Unhappy Trying to get over the hump and finish...

This current project. Happens everytime I start a quilt..no matter what size. Just over half way done and I look longingly at fab, patterns, mags of new quilts and I want to turn current project into UFO and start new. So hard to finish but THIS quilt is surprise gift for friend at work so I must get over this hump and finish. This ever happen to you?
    If you don't work on it you'll never finish it.

Blog Entries
    all of the time but mine usually starts about 3/4 through. there are just so many ideas in my head, i can't wait to start the next one LOL
    Nancy in western NY

I have this problem with pretty much every project. I have so many UFOs because of it!
    I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business. - Michael J. Fox

All the time! I just finished the top of a paper-pieced quilt and am now bored with it, so I started making t-shirts for myself to wear. I'm bored with t-shirts after the 3rd one in two days and it is sitting next to my machine. Next I want to make a quick baby-quilt, but I'm going to force myself to finish that t-shirt.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Yep, I think the my biggest problem is the internet. I see so many great projects online and I want to make them all. If I really have to get something finished I stay away from the computer, hours can get lost surfing quilt patterns, design, and fabric.

Blog Entries
    Refuse to look at anything else until the project is done. I know, you might as well become a dentist and pull teeth.
    Linda

My problem too... I almost always have -=at least=- 3 going at the same time in different stages of completion.

HI I have the same problem. I'm now taking a quilt top apart (jelly roll) and making it the other way. Up and Down instead of cross wise. I need to add to each strip to make them 68". Will quilt as I go with this one.

Oh my gosh! You have so described me!!! Down to the about half way through a quilt that is a surprise gift for a friend!!!! I am in the FMQ stage of a lap sized quilt. I have a love/hate relationship with FMQing. Wishing I had just chosen to stipple, but wanted to work more on a kind of scroll/cloud meandering thing. Have half of the quilt quilted, and just don't-want-to-do-it-anymore!! But I want to get this finished to give her - sometime soon!!! Thinking about it at lunch, I told myself that even if I just quilt over a couple of blocks every day - won't take much time and I will be done before I know it.

It is the same with every project though, be it for me or someone else.

Ditto what everyone else said. So many fabrics, patterns, quilting ideas - way more than I have time for. And hours easily get lost on the internet...
    Dawn

Blog Entries
    All the time

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast