Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Trying to post FS in Classified, but it's not working

Blog Entries
    It has been 7 days since I posted items for sale, and have "closed" that sale off now, and am trying to post another sale, but after 3 tries, when I hit "send", I get an error "cannot display the web page". Please, moderators or anyone, is there a reason I am not allowed to post another sale? Anyone else having trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
    It has been 7 days since I posted items for sale, and have "closed" that sale off now, and am trying to post another sale, but after 3 tries, when I hit "send", I get an error "cannot display the web page". Please, moderators or anyone, is there a reason I am not allowed to post another sale? Anyone else having trouble?
    Is it timing out, or is the page cannot be displayed message appearing immediately when you click Send?

I was just trying to look at that site. It is very slow and then I get the error message. Maybe it's overloaded. I will try later.
    Sue

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieR
    Is it timing out, or is the page cannot be displayed message appearing immediately when you click Send?
    It is appearing immediately after clicking send-very frustrating, as I had all the copy typed and the first 3 photos ready with the post, and had to re-do it 3 more times-and each time it failed! I was thinking maybe you can't post another sale until the 8th day-but didn't get that from the rules.

No, you'd get a user message in that case, not a system error.

Have you tried uploading the copy without the pics?

Quote Originally Posted by JulieR
    It is appearing immediately after clicking send-very frustrating, as I had all the copy typed and the first 3 photos ready with the post, and had to re-do it 3 more times-and each time it failed! I was thinking maybe you can't post another sale until the 8th day-but didn't get that from the rules.
    That most likely doesn't have anything at all to do with the board. It's most likely your internet service provider having problems or your modem is having a problem.

Reboot.

delete your temporary internet files.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by margecam52
    delete your temporary internet files.

Will try this, but all my other posts are going thru with no problems! Thanks-will try again!

Blog Entries
    There-they went this time-thanks everyone!