Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: trying to quilt the top

I am a self taught quilter and have been working on a top for sometime now. Have you ever started to quilt and then held it out and said.. NO NO NO !! Well I did that yesterday ! I spent my night ripping and cussing and ripping more again. But i figure with all the time I have spent on this top I am not settling for anything less then what I know I can do. So my day today is to recharge and go at it again. I am the little train that could and I will prevail !!

Good luck. I'm right there with you too. I recently ripped out some that I wasn't happy with and I'm glad I did.

I never ripped out stitches, but I've seen lines that I could have done better. I figure that part of the charm of hand-quilting is that none of the stitches are exactly the same.

Blog Entries
    You go girl!!! :D:D:D

two weeks back I quilted with my feed dogs dropped for the first time. I goofed a lot so ended up going over my design several times in a free style pattern. It looked good and I loved it. When I went to press it I discovered that I had sewn a piece of unnecessary fabric to the back, and Yes I did take it out. I still like it though - what a mess!

Blog Entries
    My one and only adventure into FMQ ended with me "reverse quilting" all of it. OMG what a disaster! Good for you! If you are not happy now, you will not be happy when it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by hokieappmom
    Good luck. I'm right there with you too. I recently ripped out some that I wasn't happy with and I'm glad I did.
    I have ripped in the past, but not so much lately.

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Good for you! If you are not happy now, you will not be happy when it's done.
    I agree - it doesn't get better with age - just bugs you even more.

Gal
    I did not take out any of my not so perfect hand quilting, just tried to do beter as I did each block! The first few blocks I did were not all that good but I left them in and over all when the quilt is on the bed you cannot notice really unless you are really looking up close.

Gal

I never take out my hand quilting. I just love love love what I accomplish. I used to make very small master stitches,but artheritus caught up with me so now I do the best i can and love what I am still able to do

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast