Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Tube Pillow Case Please Help

Blog Entries
    I am trying to follow the Missouri Star Quilt on making a Tube Pillow it says 27 inches wide but what is the length of the material? This is probably a dumb question but when I cut the material it looks huge. Please help me. Thanks a bunch

Cut width of fabric 27" long so you end up with a piece 27"x 22"(when you fold it in half) Make sense?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by antiquegirl68
    I am trying to follow the Missouri Star Quilt on making a Tube Pillow it says 27 inches wide but what is the length of the material? This is probably a dumb question but when I cut the material it looks huge. Please help me. Thanks a bunch
    The measurement is 27 X the width of fabric (42" - 44" or so). It looks huge because it's open and not yet folded in half. Just follow the Missouri instructions and you'll have no problem. I've made many, many of these.

Across the width of the fabric. Quilting cotton is usually 42-44" wide. Same with the narrower cut, WOF (width of fabric).

it is confusing at first but then it just clicks after the 10th time you watch the vid. at least that is how it went for me.

Blog Entries
    I make mine a little longer 28 or 29 for Queen or 30 inches for king size pillows.

Blog Entries
    Ok I know you guys are going to think I am so stupid. I am watching it and she is cutting it off the bolt. So I put the fold to the left and I cut the two peices 27 inches wide I am so confused my material is huge after I cut it.

Blog Entries
    Ok I know you guys are going to think I am so stupid. I am watching it and she is cutting it off the bolt. So I put the fold to the left and I cut the two peices 27 inches wide I am so confused my material is huge after I cut it.
    You need 1 piece of 27" wide by the width of the fabric for 1 pillowcase. Then you open that piece it is 27" X about 42".

The fold would not be on the left if Im thinking correctly, the fold is at the top (or the bottom even), but not left or right.

Blog Entries
    You cut 27 long,not side to side.you will sew the salvage edges together after the rest is done.Connie in CO

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast