Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: tube x quilt

What a cute quilt! Great tute.

Blog Entries
    Wish I could watch u tube, but dial up is so slow, is there anyway you could write down the instructions for the ones that cant see it? This sounds like a nice quilt to make for the quilts in need, I belong to........Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pjaco
    I was looking for a tute that I saw the other day and I swear I bookmaked it (guess not) anyway, it was a tube quilt that when put together looked like black X''s throughout it. Went together lickity split ! I'm in need of a quick baby quilt and I liked the simple easy pattern. Thanks and Help
    :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Could you tell me what is a strip tube quilt?
    Quote Originally Posted by larkley
    My Avatar is a striptube quilt. It's a kingsize I made using balli pops. Very very easy.
    :oops:

Hi...I saw it here at the end of April....I've been away for a couple of weeks...I bookmarked it...here's the link from the bookmark....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOWSp0mTTqE

hope this helps....

I'm in the middle of finishing a piano key border for my tube-X quilt. I'll try to post a picture when the top is done.

A couple of tips from my experience: you'll want to starch the tube before you cut the triangles and press really well or the bias edges will end up out of control! I used a simple homemade starch of 2 tsps of potato flour/starch to 250 ml of water.

This pattern is a great way to use jelly rolls - I used an Asian fabrics one, with Moda Snow as a background.

Have fun!

TY for all the links to the youtube Missouri Quilt tube quilting sites. They are so fun to watch and very helpful. I started making my first tube quilting. Wish I had a jelly roll so I didn't have to spend hours cutting strips of fabrics to start the project. Live and learn!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4