Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Tuesday Morning Fabric Find -

Blog Entries
    Good for you! The TM nearest me closed recently which made me unhappy! But ... there is another one a little farther away. Guess I'll have to visit it one of these days and see if I can find some good bargains like that!

Blog Entries
    Great shopping experience...Now I have got to find a Tuesday Morning!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

I've gotten a lot of good deals at Tuesday Morning on quilting related things. Scissors, thread snips, flower head pins, machine needles, templates & different fabrics. Several years ago I got a Ott-type lamp on clearance for under $10- I don't think anyone knew what it was then! My latest bargain was 6 yds of fabric in a kit for $9.99! I wasn't too big on the pattern in the kit, but will sure use the solid Christmas colors. I usually stop in there every 6 weeks or so & check out what they have. They seem to keep it pretty well stocked with fat 1/4 bundles & pre cuts these days.

Tuesday Morning is an upscale closeout store and if you have something that you're looking for you need to check it out often because their inventory changes quickly. I try to go into ours at least once a month.
    If no one ever experimented we'd all still be making 4 patches.

Blog Entries
    I bought some of these and they were very thin. J J

I will have to check out TM soon! Thanks for the info!

Jeanne

Blog Entries
    I went to this sale and found the fabric to be very poor quality and the prints to be fairly ugly. I've been a Tues. Mornings shopper since they first started but find them featuring lesser quality items lately.

I have been successful in picking up the 2yd packages that were nice fabric even after washing, and the fabric stayed nice, and had coordinating pieces to go with it but the fat quarters and jelly rolls seemed thin to me, so was too leery to buy those. I'm happy with what I got and I have picked up rulers, etc in there as well for really cheap!

I came across some cute 1 yd prints there recently, also some multi-yd bundles with 3-4 coord prints. They were Cranston/VIP and better quality than those jelly rolls & FQ etc. Cute stuff for kid quilts. Got some Fons & Porter notions at a big discount. They also had that self-sharpening edge ruler & cutter (can't remember the brand) They've had basic sewing machines and even rolling totes before. Ott lights too. Some locations here are better than others. I have 3 that I visit. Never know what you'll find ...
    Last edited by TexasGurl; 11-08-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3