Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tuesday Morning Knock off fabric >

Tuesday Morning Knock off fabric

Tuesday Morning Knock off fabric

Old 10-19-2012, 03:14 PM

Hi Bellaboo, I wasn't able to see the selvage since they were precuts but the package holding them together was not RileyBlake at all. I don't remember the name on it but it was a very generic looking label and some of the graphics on some of the patterns seemed more digitized than the real Farm Fresh I have at home. If you think it is authentic Riley Blake fabric then I need to run back & buy some. Would Riley Blake sell their fabric to another Company to re-package it and sell as their own fabric? That seemed very odd to me.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:20 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Where you live brought up the/an answer for me as to why/how you found this fabric at Tuesday Morning in Houston. There are times that the print of the fabric comes off just wrong...the color is off; the prints didn't match up; the selvage edge was a misprint; whatever. These fabrics can't be sold as top grade goods, but they are still a valuable product.
Moda (United Notions) is headquartered in Carrolton/Dallas, TX; Tuesday Morning headquarters is in Addison/Dallas, Tx. It's easy to see that it would have been a reasonable business decision to sell the "off" goods to Tuesday Morning for distribution.

I once bought Hoffman's neon teddy bears at Cloth World for a reduced rate because the colors of the print didn't register right on the design. Another time I found a very well known (to me) print from Mary Ellen Hopkins (SSI at the time) at a Ben Franklin store for $1.99 a yard. I knew it was hers, the color was perfect, and I looked it over to see why it was at that store. On the selvage was written, "designed by MERRY Ellen Hopkins"!

Jan in VA
Old 10-19-2012, 03:37 PM

I am hoping to go back and see if i can find again. I was worried they would some how shrink too much or not hold up, but they might be worth another look. Of course now this has made me worry about buying fabric on Etsy/Ebay... I started thinking that maybe others find these fabrics and sell them for the full price. I would hate to pay full price for seconds. Of course I am probably just being overly worried.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Power Poster

Here are some pictures of what I bought at Tuesday Morning. The fabric doesn't look like seconds. I can't find anything that looks odd.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]371087[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]371088[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]371089[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails photo-1-001.jpg   photo-1.jpg   photo2.jpg  
Old 10-19-2012, 03:43 PM

do you still have the label? I wish I wasn't so paranoid..
Old 10-19-2012, 03:50 PM

At times I have found wonderful fabric at TM! Other times, regardless of the name if I don't like the feel and quality of it I pass on it. I do let my fingers and my common sense decide. I say "if you like, what you like, when you like it then get it"!
Old 10-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Power Poster

No I don't have it but I'm going tomorrow to buy the rest that are left. I need to make several baby/toddler quilts and this fabric will be perfect. Can't beat the price and the fabric feels great. I'll post the label tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:22 PM

I have bought a couple of jelly rolls from TM. Haven't used it yet but I did like the feel of it. I love when they get in the quilting notions. I just purchased a ruler (that I can actually read)!!
Old 10-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Power Poster

If I fretted over what fabric I was buying that much I'd be a nervous wreck. I don't give it that much thought.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:35 PM

YEAH! I got some great fat quarters from Tuesday Morning and they were oversized!!!