Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Tumbler Template

I am thinking of purchasing one of these. I've never used a template but is the way you use them to hold them on each piece of fabric, cut around all four sides, then start over again, and buck it up against the last cut? Isn't that frustrating if you are making a big quilt like I plan to do or is it just a matter of patience? I'm trying to do better at that.

I had a bunch of 4 1/4" squares left over from another quilt that I'd made. I took a regular straight edge ruler and angled in from each top corner 1 1/2" at the bottom. Made a perfect tumbler quilt. If you get the template, don't cut around all four sides. Cut strips the width that the template is tall. Then just place your template on and cut on each side. Flip it upside down for the next cut.

My computer wont make the line underneath but that's sort of what it should look like.

You can cut in layers of fabric too. My larger rotary cutter can easily do 8 layers at a time. Then, I do like Rapture said, cutting strips, lining them up carefully, and cutting.

I like your answer and I shall do just that. Thanks for saving me the money :-P