Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Turning a Quilt...HELP please!

I finished quilting except for the bottom border. My quilt was wider than long and a little too big for my frame so I loaded it sizeways and quilted both sides all the way to the bottom but the bottom border is feathers and I didn't want to do a few and stop roll the quilt do a few more, roll, etc. so I decided to turn the quilt. I WISH I HAD ROLLED THE QUILT BACK AND FORTH!!! Help! Is there an easy way to turn the quilt and get it straignt?

Thanks for your help!

here' a video that shows you how to do it in 20 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlh0xu8XkwI

I sure do wish I had see that video before I took the quilt off the frame. It would have helped alot if it had been pinned so that it didn't shift. What are now the two sides are quilted unevenly, meaning I went around the corner on one side and not on the other and I believe that was part of the problem with the shifting. I have it pinned back on now and everything is taught but it took way more than 20 minutes. I learned alot from that video, thanks for posting it!

Banned
    I wish I woud have seen this, too. Dawn makes such good sense when she teaches. Thanks for this.

Thanks for the link to the video. I've never had to turn a quilt (so far) but now I will know how.

Quote Originally Posted by bamamama
    I finished quilting except for the bottom border. My quilt was wider than long and a little too big for my frame so I loaded it sizeways and quilted both sides all the way to the bottom but the bottom border is feathers and I didn't want to do a few and stop roll the quilt do a few more, roll, etc. so I decided to turn the quilt. I WISH I HAD ROLLED THE QUILT BACK AND FORTH!!! Help! Is there an easy way to turn the quilt and get it straignt?!
    Here's a lady who talks about how to 'not' turn for borders
    http://caledoniaquilter.blogspot.com...rders-and.html