Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Twelve Moons >

Twelve Moons

Twelve Moons

Old 01-30-2017, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Minnisewta View Post
Yes, that is the pattern. Because of the circles I don't want to make the quilt its self longer. Adding to the top and or bottoms are the options I'm looking for. Both ideas are good, thanks for your input.
If I were doing that pattern and wanted to lengthen it, I would add more bars in the same size as the others with black between, in the middle between the first and second row, and between the second and third row to keep the symmetry.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
that is a beautiful pattern. Will you be using it for a bed quilt? That is my assumption so am going forward on that
I think we were the last couple in the universe to go from double bed to queen size. I have many beautiful quilts for the double size.

Rather than not use them I took a double flat bed sheet and ripped it in 5 pieces. I then stitched that extension on to the bottom of double quilts so I have a longer tuck under at the bottom. Perfect.
Brilliant rescue!
Old 01-31-2017, 02:12 PM

I would simply add a strip of the blue fabric across the top and bottom, equally sashed with the background fabric. You can make the strip any width you want it, up to 6". But I think 4 or 5" would be more than enough, based on how much length you want to add. I also think a solid strip of fabric top and bottom would give this particular quilt a more finished look.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:02 PM

In my family, we like our throw at least 60 x 70. We have some tall people & we like to tuck it in all around. Just a thought!