Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
TWINKIE MEETS KRIS2011 for the benefit of PROJECT LINUS >

TWINKIE MEETS KRIS2011 for the benefit of PROJECT LINUS

TWINKIE MEETS KRIS2011 for the benefit of PROJECT LINUS

Old 08-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Power Poster

Default TWINKIE MEETS KRIS2011 for the benefit of PROJECT LINUS

Several months ago I started to organize my sewing room (not that it really needed it LOL). I began putting my stash on acid free Comic boards. This is a large undertaking, so I was going to purge what material I thought someone else could use. If I lived to be 100, I couldn't use all the material I have acquired. Then, while working on this project, I fell on the stairs at Guntersville State Park Lodge on April 23. I really messed up both of my shoulders and 1 knee. Things have been put on hold while recouperating from the three surgeries I have had since then. However, I had given away some material in the past but needed to do it again. But where? I had already given to my Quilt Guild and a few friends but where now?

I was in the QB chat room and I was reading what had been posted. One of the members mentioned Project Linus and I thought, "Bingo, this is where I could give some material to". When I tried to talk to Kris2011, she had left the room so I sent her a PM. And, would you believe she lived about 1 1/2 hours away from me. After quite a lot of planning, phone calls and changes in plans, we were able to get together last Saturday. I had 4 large boxes of material including a lap quilt for a teenager and a baby blanket that both needed binding. Kris was glad to get the material and I was glad to give it. I am so glad the material has found a good home. We met half way at my daughters home in Dug Hill Alabama.

Here are a few pictures of our meeting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]354759[/ATTACH]This is Kris petting my daughters dog Jake

[ATTACH=CONFIG]354760[/ATTACH]On the left is Twinkie (sorry about the ice pack) and the right is Kris

[ATTACH=CONFIG]354761[/ATTACH]This is Kris leaving with the back seat full of garbage bags of material

[ATTACH=CONFIG]354762[/ATTACH]Saying Goodbye

Hope you enjoyed our little story
Attached Thumbnails kris-2011.jpg   twinkie-kris-2012.jpg   kris-leaving.jpg   kris-leaving-2.jpg  

Last edited by twinkie; 08-10-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:32 PM

Hope you are well on your way to a full recovery. Thank you for being so generous to Project Linus
Old 08-10-2012, 02:24 PM

That was a very nice thing to do!
Old 08-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Power Poster

Wishing you a speedy recovery and so kind of you to donate to such a worthy project.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:39 PM

What a fun day for you both. SO glad you found her on the QB to donate to Project Linus. I am a PL coordinator and I love when we get donations. I start thinking of patterns for each fabric I see in my mind....Thank you for sharing your story.....
Twinkie......so good to see you are still here and hope you heal quickly.......Hugs I just looked and your phone number is still in my cell phone. LOL. *H*U*G*S*
Old 08-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Power Poster

What a nice happy ending story. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Power Poster

I am so glad to see that you are still here also. I have missed you and was looking at your cell phone number yesterday and wondering if you would still remember me. I think of you so often. I will heal according to GOD's will and you know how that goes. I have a lot more material that I will be donating. But it will have to wait until I can use my arms. I won't ever be able to work again but GOD is in control. You take care and call me some time. Luv U

Originally Posted by debbieumphress View Post
What a fun day for you both. SO glad you found her on the QB to donate to Project Linus. I am a PL coordinator and I love when we get donations. I start thinking of patterns for each fabric I see in my mind....Thank you for sharing your story.....
Twinkie......so good to see you are still here and hope you heal quickly.......Hugs I just looked and your phone number is still in my cell phone. LOL. *H*U*G*S*
Old 08-10-2012, 03:22 PM

awesome! I am so glad for both of you ~ !
Old 08-10-2012, 03:51 PM

Glad you are healing. How nice to meet another member and give the fabric etc. to such a worthy project! Good job all around!
Old 08-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Power Poster

You both are very nice looking Ladies, so glad you were able to meet up. So nice to see you were able to give and Kris was able to take the fabrics and put it to good use. All the Kids getting quilts from both of you will be the winners. So sorry you had so many injuries and needed surgeries. It seems all of a sudden it is so easy to fall.