Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Twister help please

Blog Entries
    I bought the small Twister template and before I start any big project I decided I'd do a small trial with 4 - 5" squares and a 3" border. I got it sewn together and cut out with no problem but now I can't get it put together correctly. WHEW - and only 4 blocks cut up. Imagine if I had a large project. This is worse than a jig saw puzzle and I can't do those :oops:

Last night I saw where someone posted a 4 square example but I can't find it now to copy from to put my 9 squares in the right order. Can someone help me. Thanks, Pat

could we see a picture of what the problem is? sounds like a layout issue? lots of blocks can be layed out to form different designs- be adventurous...come up with something totally new-and you :)

Hi Snowbird! I'm guessing you just got back to PA last month? We moved up to Lexington, KY last July from Sorrento. Lived in FL most of my 62 years, but that heat is just unbearable. of course, now there's issues with the cold! LOL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl
    could we see a picture of what the problem is? sounds like a layout issue? lots of blocks can be layed out to form different designs- be adventurous...come up with something totally new-and you :)
    I hope I'm not sending this twice - my pics before and after cutting. I want this to look like a pin wheel but it doesn't. How do I need to arrange them?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I really believe you did it right.....it is just that there is no contrast (4 different squares) to make 4 pinwheels.

Blog Entries
    you did it correctly. You just need some contrasting fabrics. it does however look like one huge pinwheel.

Blog Entries
    I think it needs more contrast too. I like your choice of fabrics. :)

Blog Entries
    I just LOVE getting replies from everyone. I read ALL THE TIME but RARELY post. I finally found the post with just 4 blocks and I think I've got mine arranged correctly now. I just wanted to practice and I saw another one that had just used two colors and I liked it - it was a table runner made for St Patrick's Day.

I'll bet I've learned to somehow keep my blocks in order next time. I'lljust finish this and use it as a little table topper.

I bought a Moda Charm pack and now I wonder with such an assortment of colors and patterns how will a table runner look. I wouldn't think you would see the pinwill pattern with such a mish mash of colors!

Found on board
    Name:  Attachment-201111.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  18.7 KB

My final layout - the same?
    Name:  Attachment-201112.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  61.2 KB

Blog Entries
    You could make another piece the same, but with a different color center,cut and mix the two, then you will have the contrast you need and will have two matching tops :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    You could make another piece the same, but with a different color center,cut and mix the two, then you will have the contrast you need and will have two matching tops :D:D:D
    I might sound dumb but with just 4 blocks 2 across and 2 down I wouldn't know where to put a contrasting block.

In the meantime I'm posting a pic of the table topper it turned into. I think I'd be afraid to make the tabble runner I planned with the charm squares. With all the colors and designs I don't know if I'd ever get them arranged correctly-

Thanks for all the input - much need!

Pat

Front of table topper
    Name:  Attachment-201316.jpe
Views: 25
Size:  66.3 KB

Back
    Name:  Attachment-201317.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  75.0 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast