Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Two Bias directions >

Two Bias directions

Two Bias directions

Old 02-27-2007, 12:08 PM

I was just wondering about the above if the Bias with a right hand slant means thats the straight grain from top left to bottom right, please give as much information as possible.
Hi, I would like to know about which Bias direction your supposed to use as there are two different 45 degree diagnol biases! They seem to have different stretch for different fabrics!
Well theres two different diagnols of 45 degree Bias, they seem to have different amount of stretch and I don't know how to pick which one!
Please tell me if your supposed to use right-angle bias or left-angle bias when cutting on the Bias!
[email protected]
Old 02-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Administrator

if you're asking whether to cut your strips across the width of the fabric (before slicing them into triangles), or down the length, i don't think there are any rules. you'll end up with fewer scraps, i think, if you cut across.

either way, whether you cut down to the right or up to the left, unless you plan to throw away half the triangles you cut, you're going to use both diagonals. pick the way that's most comfortable and gives you the steadiest hand with the ruler and cutting tool.