Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
two identical twin quilts >

two identical twin quilts

two identical twin quilts

Old 06-07-2010, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by ggquilter
Originally Posted by Tiffany
I rarely ever make the same pattern twice, and likely just for that reason. I just did a couple of baby quilts for my cousin who had twins and the second one took me forever! Once I've done a pattern, I'm ready to move on to another one. There are simply too many amazing patterns out there for me to want to concentrate on just a handful. That said, I have done the log cabin and bargello quilts more than once.
I would guess that your log cabin and bargello quilts are all different. Using the same technique is not the same as making the same quilt again.I don't make the same quilt more than once and I don't use patterns. However I work in a series using the same technique or variation of a block serveral times until I have explored all of the "what if"s that I want to. I can do that to a point in EQ but it only takes me so far and then I want to make it in real fabric.
You are right, each of my log cabins and bargellos look completely different from the other. I think in the future I may explore working in a series. Right now I'm just trying to get everything done that I've promised to do, which means I'm going to go take a nap now. :lol:
Old 06-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dina
Two different patterns, but the same fabric...that might keep me interested more. I may do that, and then I may never make two for this room again!! This is the third time I have made sets of quilts for that room, since December.
I was going to suggest this too :D:D:D I can't wait to see them!
Old 06-07-2010, 01:02 PM

I've only made exact copies of a quilt once, and those were baby quilts (thank goodness !) I wouldn't have made 2 the same, but a friend's daughter wanted one EXACTLY the same as one I'd made for our niece's baby boy. I did not enjoy making that 2nd one ...
My fav part of quilting (besides the planning!) is seeing it all come together - and that one held no enthusiasm for me
Old 06-07-2010, 02:18 PM

I've never sewn two of the same quilts, but when knitting, i hate doing socks. One sock is fine, but the second is torture. Also, the sleeves on sweaters are the same.