Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Two Questions

Formerly NY, IL, AL, TN, HI, FL, AL, and Germany. Now living in TN again.
    First question, I found the picture of Sharone's Starry Night quilt (it is gorgeous) but could not find the pattern. Does anyone know where I can find the pattern?

Next question, my Dad, now deceased, was a non-denominational preacher and my son has followed in his footsteps. Many, many years ago I saw a quilt that some church ladies made for a retiring preacher and his family. It had a design up the middle and to the sides of whites and yellows, resembling a cross. The rest of the top piece I can barely remember.
    I would love to make my on this quilt from my Dad's clothes he wore while preaching. Has anyone ever seen a pattern like this?

Linda

Blog Entries
    Wish I could help you out, Linda - unfortunately, I'm not familiar with either pattern. I really hope someone can find the name of the pattern for the memory quilt - it would be a wonderful way to memorialize your Dad.

I saw the pattern Sharone's Starry Night quilt under www.allpeoplequilt.com. Sorry, no help on your second question, but sounds like a really nice idea.

The first quilt you mentioned is the 10 minute block, if you google that on YouTube.com, you'll see the video. There is also a tutorial on here for it: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-81908-1.htm

Happy quilting!

A simple "cross" quilt can be made by (for example):
    top row: 5 blocks, background
    row two: 2 bkgd, 1 cross, 2 bkgd
    row three: 1 bkgd, 3 cross, 1 bkgd
    rows 4 - 6: 2 bkgd, 1 cross, 2 bkgd
    row seven: 5 blocks bkgd.
    The cross blocks may be any pattern, pieced of yellow and white, with the background (same or another block) pieced of darker colors.

Formerly NY, IL, AL, TN, HI, FL, AL, and Germany. Now living in TN again.
    Thank you all so much. I failed to mention that the quilt with the 'cross' wasn't a standard looking cross. It resembled a pathway of sorts, as if leading to heaven.
    I could just kick myself for not paying more attention to the original quilt.

Linda