Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: U.B.E.'s

I make pot holders/hot pads with my orphan blocks.

You all inspired me to go ahead and finish my UBE quilt (QAYG)...so last night/this morning I put on the borders and did the binding. (I had to get inspired because I did the back side of the QAYG by hand--) but it had been hanging around waiting for me to get inspired...It didn't happen. I'll post it in a new thread under pictures.

Different but not ugly, and it will keep someone warm. so many have so little that they would really love to have something warm to wrap up in. Rather interesting as a matter of fact.

Take them to your guild and offer them for free perhaps someone else could fit them in somewhere in one of their quilts.

Or use them as a crazy quilt, name might really work! Lol
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

Quote Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
    I throw them away, along with small scraps of fabric, and empty spools and other sewing stuff.
    Oh, my goodness! Don't throw them away! If you don't want to be bothered to make use of them, give them away. Plenty of quilters would want them, for many reasons. The easiest way to give them away would be to take them to your regular guild meeting (if you belong to one) and offer them. I have used mine to make Project Linus quilts. I'm sure plenty of quilters close to you would want them. (If not, I'll give you my address, lol!)

Blog Entries
    You could finish them as they are and donate them to your local animal shelter for their cages. Don't think the dogs and cats will mind too much what their bedding looks like as long as it's comfy!!! If you have a shelter in mind, you might give them a call and find out what sizes are most needed.
    Creative clutter is better than idle neatness.

Quote Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
    I throw them away, along with small scraps of fabric, and empty spools and other sewing stuff.
    I can't imagine throwing away a quilt block. Take them to St Vinnie's, Good Will, or your local church rummage sale. Many people will use up your small scraps of fabric and enjoy making something with them.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6