Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: UGH!!!! Oh Brother!

Making curtains for my stepsons room and I'm just sewing along hemming the curtains and all of a sudden my machine makes this horrible noise! Looking all over trying to figure out what just happened. Needle good, just changed that, bobbin good, plenty of thread. Where the heck did the top thread go? Oh my Lord, actually ran out of thread on the spool!!!! I don't ever remembering that actually happening before!! Of course, didn't have anymore of that color, off to JoAnn's to get another spool. Gave up for the night and will restart today!!!

:lol: :lol:

Happens to me all the time. I always push it to the limit and run out of thread. LOL

Didn't you just tell me you bought tons of thread! Good luck, hope you get the thread and get those curtains finished.

Quote Originally Posted by no1jan
    Didn't you just tell me you bought tons of thread! Good luck, hope you get the thread and get those curtains finished.
    Oh I most certainly purchased a ton of thread!! Of course, it was not the same color that I was using!! :lol: :lol:

Isnt that the way it goes...you have alot of thread, but just not that one color!

Blog Entries
    Luck of the draw. All you can do is smile and say 'Oh, well'. Have a good day.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    Making curtains for my stepsons room and I'm just sewing along hemming the curtains and all of a sudden my machine makes this horrible noise! Looking all over trying to figure out what just happened. Needle good, just changed that, bobbin good, plenty of thread. Where the heck did the top thread go? Oh my Lord, actually ran out of thread on the spool!!!! I don't ever remembering that actually happening before!! Of course, didn't have anymore of that color, off to JoAnn's to get another spool. Gave up for the night and will restart today!!!

:lol: :lol:
    hmmm That kinda sounded like just an excuse to go to the fabric store. :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

I'm just about out of thread too! I hate it when that happens!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by danmar
    I'm just about out of thread too! I hate it when that happens!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've run out of thread before, machine never made a noise. I've just gone maybe 2 feet and notice either I have no top thread or it isn't making stitches and I notice the thread is gone. Might have been good if machine would have made a noise.

I'm glad it wasn't serious.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast