Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Undecided on new venture - opinions please :-) (thequiltmama) >

Undecided on new venture - opinions please :-) (thequiltmama)

Undecided on new venture - opinions please :-) (thequiltmama)

Old 01-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Banned

I have the opportunity to buy either RJR Fat quarter or Batiks by the yardage (quilt shop quality) ....but I can decide which one I want to buy. The lady I work for told me I could chose and she would give me a deal on them so that I could resell them to help pay our after Christmas bills. BUT which one do you think would sell better???? I just can't decide. And I can only afford one or the other right now. ugh. :-)

OR I just found out I can get some Davids Textile Wildlife prints. This just seems to be getting harder. And those would be for sale on here for $4.50- $5.50 per yard. Help.... Now I really can't decide.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:53 PM

RJR Fat Quarters would be my guess.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Banned

oh, the RJR fqs would be for sale on here at $1.75 - $2.00 per fq.
The Batiks would be for sale on here at $6.00 - $7.00 per yard. :-)
Old 01-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Power Poster

I think batik yardage has sold very well on this board in the past. When people asked whether FQs or yardage would be better, the majority wanted yardage. There always seem to be a lot of people who like batiks; not sure how many are devoted to RJR as a line.

The wildlife prints sound wonderful, but I think there would perhaps not be as many potential buyers for them as there are for batiks because wildlife is a more specialized item.

Just my thoughts.....
Old 01-12-2011, 01:33 PM

Even though I haven't yet ventured into batiks, from reading and from my sister, I know that they are popular. She LOVES them. So I would guess that Batiks would sell the best.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:49 PM

Batiks seem to be the thing right now and at your price they should sell like the proverbial hotcakes.

mltquilt
Old 01-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Banned

Thanks, you have all been very helpful...I have chosen. I am going with the Batiks. I will pick them up tomorrow and hopefully get them listed starting on Friday. Yah! I am so excited, I always love buying new fabric. :-)
Old 01-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Banned

OH, the Batiks are going to sell for $6.00-$6.50 per yard. I hope that is still good price because they are quilt shop batiks not off market. :-)
Originally Posted by thequiltmama
I have the opportunity to buy either RJR Fat quarter or Batiks by the yardage (quilt shop quality) ....but I can decide which one I want to buy. The lady I work for told me I could chose and she would give me a deal on them so that I could resell them to help pay our after Christmas bills. BUT which one do you think would sell better???? I just can't decide. And I can only afford one or the other right now. ugh. :-)

OR I just found out I can get some Davids Textile Wildlife prints. This just seems to be getting harder. And those would be for sale on here for $4.50- $5.50 per yard. Help.... Now I really can't decide.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:16 PM

Can't wait to see them.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Power Poster

I was going to suggest batiks also even though I love RJR- it seems that most of us, or at least a lot of us are wild over batiks!
Your prices sound great! :D