Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Unfriendly Quilt Shops?

That used to be my LQS and I NEVER had bad service or unfriendly service there. In fact, the owner of the shop spent a long time helping my dh surprise me with the "perfect" fabric/notions for my birthday.

Banned
    I have to say I have never ran into an unfriendly worker at a LQS in any of my area. I hope that is an urban legend type thing and will wash away, as all the quilt shop owners I know are super nice people. :)

Blog Entries
    that is truly unbelievable! i've never been in a quilt shop that is unfriendly. happy customers spend more money!

Blog Entries
    Yikes! That's terrible for business, it's a wonder they are still open. :thumbdown:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jane
    Has anyone ever heard of quilt shops charging a fee for helping a customer choose fabrics for their project? I heard that a quilt shop in Chesterton, Indiana, did this to a woman. What's worse is that she had brought some antique quilt blocks to the store to try to find some fabric to go with them and she was stopped at the door and told to leave them in her car. They did not want fabric from another quilt shop in their shop. Has anyone had an experience like this? You can be sure, I will never set foot in THAT shop! :thumbdown:
    This is so foolish of them. The store is only hurting itself in the end because word does get around and who would want to shop there after hearing this story. Thank goodness any quilt shops I've been in have owners/employees with more sense that that.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jane
    stopped at the door and told to leave them in her car. They did not want fabric from another quilt shop in their shop. Has anyone had an experience like this? You can be sure, I will never set foot in THAT shop! :thumbdown:
    I would have gladly returned the blocks to my car, got in, and drove away. I think that turn away was her first clue that this was not a nice place.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovingmama
    Until you have seen it and experienced it, it's just a story from someone about someone else.
    We don't know what really happened and have to give the other party a chance to explain themselves too.

Just to be fair.
    Exactly.. Unless you are the party that it happened to this is just hear say..

Now if that ever happened to me. Dang right I would not step foot in their door again PLUS I would spread the word letting others know of my 'visit'

LOL I would walk straight out.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    One of our LQS can be like that depending on who is working and what kind of mood she is in .....she is sometimes snippy and gets short. I go to the owner now if I want help.

Blog Entries
    it was just a question. "have you ever heard of such a thing? i ask because i heard a story of such a thing."

let's don't get all wrapped around the axle about something that might not have happened.

let's also not relive any irritation we may have experienced someplace else in the past.

back to the happy! please. :-)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast