Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Uninspired time

Ever have those times when you wanted to sew something but nothing in your "not quite finished" pile calls your name? I have found a way to "reinspire" myself. I get out my machne instruction book and read about something I have not tried! Then I try that kind of sewing I have not done before and see if I can find a way to incorporate it into a block or a quilt. If nothing you will learn a little more about your machine. Then, too, you might come up with an idea that will make you famous and wealthy! (could'nt we all do with a little of that?) hahahahaha Try it, you just might like it.

Blog Entries
    :) Good idea, thanks.

What a good idea. I have lots of feet (machine I mean!) that just sit in my box - think when I have one of those "don't know what I want to do" days, I'll give this a go.
    Sue

I make sample blocks, one I've never tied before or a favorite block in a different colorway.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    that is when I simply do a TEST page of stitches, using different threads, stitches, needles etc..just some PLAY time! BUT, I then put that page in a notebook for reference later!

Blog Entries
    Good idea

I sure like that idea!

Blog Entries
    I think your idea is great! Will definetely be something I have a "go" at. Thanks for sharing.

I have done something similar. I have a quilt that I tried FMQ, no applique circles, about 20 fancy stitches from my machine, no sew fusible web, grandma's attic windows, floating stars, prairie points and markers to draw on white fabric and I used scraps and leftover fabrics and a block that my son made at school that a company reproduced onto fabric.

I just threw it together to try a bunch of techniques and use up leftover fabric. I used black muslin for the back. It is kinda ugly and I toss it on the ground for sports games and picnics. It is funny b/c people compliment me on it frequently...