Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: University of Michigan Quilt

University of Michigan Quilt

For all you Michigan fans, have any of you made a U of M quilt that you'd be willing to share photos of? I have a cousin, strong Michigan family background, getting married later in the spring, and I want to make him a U of M quilt, but need some inspiration. Can you help?

Blog Entries
    I made a Green and White Hunter's star ;-)
    I think you have 2 options, something that's overtly U of M, like the block letter or use the official collegiate fabric with U of M printed all over it.
    OR look for a two color quilt pattern that you like, like a Hunter's Star and use Maize & Blue.
    Hunter's Star
    You can use the print on the back.
    Country Stitches had fabrics for both colleges last time I was there, sometimes JoAnn's has it or you can order it on line.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Not in Michigan here..but I did make a USC quilt for a friend in California. I scanned the letters from the fabric, enlarged them on my printer, traced them onto fusible , and made my own fusible applique for the center. If you do that, dont' forget to flip it before fusing or you will get your letters backwards. Here are 2 pictures. Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1010048.jpg   blog-658.jpg  
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    I made a rag quilt using U of M fabrics. I used the cotton print for the top and then 2 layers of flannel; the inner layer was dark blue and the backing was the maize color. Because I used the 2 layers of flannel, I decided to forego the batting in the squares
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails resized.jpg  
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    Here's one I did for my friend, who happens to be an OSU Beaver. You would change the colors and logo, of course.

And here's a google image search I did for Michigan quilts:

https://www.google.com/search?q=univ...FMm3iwKY3YHgAQ

Blog Entries
    I forgot to post that I bought this pattern to make this U of M quilt http://www.creativequiltkits.com/uni...d-designs.html
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig