A while back I made a quilt from my scrappy strips in fall colors. It resembles a Chinese Coin quilt. Yesterday I decided that it needed "something" to liven it up. I machine appliqued four flowers, some stems and some leaves on it. Now, this was done "after" the quilt was sandwiched, pinned, and ready to be quilted. I placed the appliques where I wanted them and sewed them in place. Two of the flowers got yo-yo centers. The largest flower got a circle center which I FMQ'd a spiral design in.....THEN I realized that there was a safety pin under the flower! How I ever machine quilted around the flower and around the center, and missed the pin I do not know. Today I took off the center, cut a little slit in the flower and removed the pin! Now I'm off to quilt the center back on!! Sometimes the things I do, amaze me!!