Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Update-looking for curved basting pins

Update-looking for curved basting pins

Just returned from my local Walmart and found the PERFECT curved safety pins to add to my collection of basting pins. They are the Dritz quilting brand, size 2, and 40 pins came in a nice little re-useable plastic tub, for about $2.50. They are the exact match to what I have been using for the past 25 years and I am quite pleased with Walmart!! Now, if my store would only bring back the fabric dept..........

jodimarie

I've had some problems with the pins I get at Wal-mart, although it really hasn't stopped me from buying more. Just a quick and helpful idea. Instead of using your fingers to close all of the safety pins, try using a spoon instead. It sure makes the process a lot easier on the fingers!

Blog Entries
    Try the grapefruit spoons. they have notches in them. They really work! Barny

The curved pins are great, they aren't as hard on your fingers as the straight ones. You will so notice the difference.
    - Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
    - I've lost my mind somewhere in the heap of quilting scraps and motherboards.
    http://www.creationsonawhimsy.com

I don't have a problem using my fingernails to close the pins....guess I have tough nails!! To keep stopping and picking up a spoon to close the pins, would, IMO, just slow down the pinning process. I just pinned a baby quilt with the new pins and they are so PERFECT....thanks to who ever suggested tring Walmart. I will go back and pick up a few more packages for stocking stuffers for Christmas.......hope I remember where I put them!!!!

jodimarie