Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Update to melon seeds tute!! Can you believe...

Blog Entries
    A lot of quilters wouldn't thank you for that! But I like it and use it all the time, thank you!

Last night I was scanning through a quilt book I had bought a few years back and Lo & Behold they did the same thing with template plastic and applique shapes! Still, judging by the replies, I'm glad I "reminded" us.

Quote Originally Posted by maviskw View Post
    I invented Stitch in the Ditch when I was about 16 years old. That was back in 194?. I was making a dress and couldn't bring myself to sew the neckline facing down by hand. I hate hand sewing. So I thought I would try sewing it from the outside in the shoulder seam. My thread matched and I thought no one would know. Worked beautifully.
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

the non melt mylar has been around for awhile, so someone else came up with that great idea. just happy that you thought to do something like that for your melon seeds tute

Blog Entries
    Me, too and I can get my sheets at my local "valu" store for $2.69. Owner says he has a huge stack of them! I'll be happy for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by riutzelj View Post
    the non melt mylar has been around for awhile, so someone else came up with that great idea. just happy that you thought to do something like that for your melon seeds tute
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Blog Entries
    I have been using the non melt template plastic for a while. It doesn't melt but if you get it too hot it does buckle.

Blog Entries
    I believe you. I was using EQ and designed a simple quilt using a couple of the basic blocks and used the colors that were in the basic color library. Imagine my surprise when I found the same quilt in the same colors in a magazine. If I had made the quilt and swore it was my design I could have been accused of copyright violation because someone had the same quilt pattern published.
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by riutzelj View Post
    It works great with circles too. Karen K Buckley sells the templates for Perfect Circles and Perfect Ovals. She also has a better quality of mylar template that is on her website. http://www.karenkaybuckley.com/store.php?cat=2
    Kathy

If you had not seen it done, it was your original idea. Somebody else just had the same idea.

I have a set of pressing bars that are strips of nylon that were designed for making flower stems and such for applique and stained glass quilts. The card they came on says "W.H. Collins Co, Whippany, NJ" I bought them in a quilt store at least a dozen years ago - maybe 15 or more years ago, now that I think of it. The idea has been floating around a long time, and I don't think anyone can accuse anyone else of infringing. It's sort of obvious as you iron things with a ruler nearby that there are times it would be great to be able to fold right over that shape and iron a crease.
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2