Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Update on my new pattern!

Update on my new pattern!

Name:  focus point quilt.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  34.2 KBWow, I am learning so much from this one. First I have learned that it is a little beyond my skill level. LOL. I learned that sometimes the fibrofog distorts my visual perception to the point that I create a whole NEW pattern when trying to just make my working plan for this one. LOL. I will post a photo of the new block just to show you how wierd the fibro can be. I totally drew up and made the block and posted the photo before I realized that it was not like my pattern. I even started cutting some of the pieces!!! Fortunately, early on, I got confused and asked for help from DS and he pointed out the difference where I had made the changes. So the photo of 2 blocks together is the REAL Focus Point pattern and the single block is the error I made.
    I am really loving the new blocks, but I see I still have some fine-tuning to do. Directional fabrics are NOT my friend in this block I fear. LOL
    Name:  focus point done right.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  285.2 KB Name:  block with darker center square.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  185.1 KB
    Last edited by wildyard; 11-06-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: to add photo of original pattern block
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Blog Entries
    I love your color choices of peach and aqua. It's looking really good. Can't wait to see the finished product!
    Sue