Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: urgent help with tumbling block question.

Blog Entries

urgent help with tumbling block question.

I am making a tumbling block quilt and I bought Marci's book and the ruler. The directions for the middle stripe says to cut it at 3 1/2 in and the sides at 3 inches but then that makes the stripes to long to cut with the triangle ruler. I just started so don't want to mess up the whole quilt. Can you guys help me and tell me if all the stripes can be cut the same width? I hope this made sense. Thanks Beth

Blog Entries
    I haven't made it but have you tried watching the video?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWpSETMbws4
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

Blog Entries
    strips or stripes, i'm confused.

When I bought the book, there was a page of corrections that was placed loosely inside the book. I am on vacation so I can't check the book but see if anyone has the corrections to the measurements. If you list the page and the specific quilt you are working on, you should get a response. another thing to try is to use some cheap muslin and try the strips to see if it works.

Blog Entries
    thanks everyone. I have actually started it, and with a lot of wasted material and mistakes i think I finally got it. I did however make the middle strip to big again and now my 1/2 strips that you cut on a diagonal are wrong. I finally put it away but I at least feel like I am on the right track and know how to do them now. Now if I can only make it through this week I will have more time to quilt. June has been a bear of a month with all types of appt. for all the kids. My husband is gone so I feel like the Taxi driver. Will keep you guys posted of how it is going. Thanks for the hints, helps and support. Beth

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    I haven't made it but have you tried watching the video?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWpSETMbws4
    I actually watched the video first and that is how I knew what book to buy. The book and the video don't always mesh. or maybe I should have bought a bigger ruler. Beth

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
    When I bought the book, there was a page of corrections that was placed loosely inside the book. I am on vacation so I can't check the book but see if anyone has the corrections to the measurements. If you list the page and the specific quilt you are working on, you should get a response. another thing to try is to use some cheap muslin and try the strips to see if it works.
    Will have to check it out, but i don't think the one I am doing has any modifications maybe it should though.

Blog Entries
    I am still working on this quilt. Of course life through me a couple of curve balls along the way and have not really worked on it that much. I am in the process of having some of the blocks on my design wall and am going to sew a couple of columns to see how I am doing with it. Will try to post pics soon.