Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Used Sewing machines >

Used Sewing machines

Used Sewing machines

Old 04-12-2016, 02:16 PM

I have purchased all of my singer vintage machines from E-bay. Never a shipping problem or broken machines. I was aware they would need service. Any machine purchased from e-bay or other used machine sites I would always do service to make sure it is in top condition.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:56 AM

I have bought several machines on ebay. One was a bust and the seller took it back and paid for the return shipping. Buying from a dependable seller with an excellent feedback for selling modern computerized sewing machines is crucial. Read every word and look closely at all pictures....and be sure to look for stitch samples. Do your homework and you can save a LOT of $$$$
Old 04-13-2016, 01:59 PM

Well, I bid (and won) an Elna Excellence 740 on eBay. (This machine is twin to the Janome Horizon 7700). The machine is coming from a sewing machine shop, has been serviced and sewn in by an authorized Elna technician and was a trade in (original owner was moving up to the 760). I had a couple of phone conversations with the seller (shop), which was very helpful. While I still have a little bit of nervousness, in the end - I felt comfortable enough to proceed. It is a beautiful machine that I would not be able to purchase at retail. Hopefully my gut instinct is correct, in which case I will have a wonderful machine that will be a joy to use. I can't wait until she arrives next week!
Old 04-13-2016, 02:06 PM

I bought my longarm very used it is real old and I am happy with it
Old 04-13-2016, 03:19 PM

I bought a Bernina Aurora off eBay for $1400 about 10 years ago. The local shop offered to sell me one for $3000, same model and year. It was packed in original box and I took it in to be cleaned after I had it 9 years, absolutely perfect machine. The seller had a 100% seller rating and it was a floor model. Never ever regretted it.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:34 PM

I bought my Janome 6600 from EBay about 2yrs ago. It came in original box and perfect working order at a good price. I did do my research on the seller as well as what the going price was on a new one.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:49 AM

I purchased an Elna Excellence 740 off of eBay last week. It came from a shop in another state, and I was able to speak with the seller multiple times with various questions I had. The seller shipped the machine the same day I bought it/paid (last Wednesday) and my new sewing machine arrived on Saturday!! The seller threw in a few extras with my machine as well (including an accufeed foot stitch in the ditch, a see through quarter inch foot, some Aurifil thread, and a whole case of blue bobbins!). I have been sewing on her since!! Love the accufeed system, LOVE the stitch in the ditch foot!! I feel like I got a fantastic machine at a fantastic price!!! I just need to name her, because she's too pretty not to name!!!