Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Useless Quiling Gadgets & Other Boondoggles >

Useless Quiling Gadgets & Other Boondoggles

Useless Quiling Gadgets & Other Boondoggles

Old 04-04-2013, 06:43 AM

Default aquiquilt go baby

Has anyone bought this machine and do you find it worth buying after the price of dies?
Originally Posted by cstout View Post
I was looking at all those "non quilting" objects that you all have snatched from everythwre & it dawned on me we must have a ton of stuff purchased that was absolutely a bad mistake.

Let's get together & name names & point the finger at these things that did not work as specified, so others won't make the same mistake we did.

Oh yes, let us not forget classes, books & sewing machine gadgets too!

OK, that said - here are my latest flops -

Box of large quilting pins from Wally World, Dritz I believe.
Back in the day, that name was reliable, but not any more. One stab at my 3 sandwich layers & that pin buckled up in a distorted glob & broke in two pieces. They are not made of metal like they used to be...some aluminum &^&^%%.

Blue marking pen - again, same brand & store.
Did not even mark once....all dried up & totally useless, sucking on it & dipping in water never budged a drop of blue to appear.

Your turn to rant & rave....do it, you will feel better afterwards. Of course a little bit of chocolate helps calm the nerves too.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

I use the Simplicity rotary cutter more then I thought. It's not for accurate cutting for piecing but for general crafts it's great. I can cut bias strips fast to wrap around the cotton rope to make baskets and bowls. I also crochet fabric strips so the cutter work great for that too. DGD would sit and cut strips and enjoyed 'helping' me. It help build her confidence and dexterity so that is worth the price of it. The same with the Sidewinder She loved using them to help me. I have a shoebox full of bobbins in every color. LOL I kept Walmart out of new bobbins for a long time. Both were cheaper then a new video game.

Last edited by BellaBoo; 04-04-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:44 AM

would love to know if any of you have the auiquilt go baby and if you think it is worth the price of the machine with the dies. I am thinking about getting one but just not sure if the price of the dies make it worth the investment.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

I have the Accuquilt Go. I won't be without a die cut machine now. I use it to cut 99% of all my quilt patterns. I don't think you will get the value of the machine without having a good selection of dies to use. Dies and mats do cost money so if that is a concern don't buy one.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

Simplicity strip cutter was just not worth it!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:28 AM

I bought that and returned it in less than 24 hours!

Originally Posted by ontheriver View Post
simplicity rotary cutting machine. Fortunately it was a gift so no cost to me, but I feel bad not using something a friend paid a good bit of money for. I can not get it to cut straight. It is ok for cutting scraps into strings if you don't care if they are perfectly straight but that is all, IMHO.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:43 AM

I don't use all my gadgets right away so I have some unused, but when I finally use them, I am glad I have them because they make everything easier
Old 04-04-2013, 07:49 AM

I'm a sucker for a new template or ruler. I spent a lot of money on a 4 part template for making a type of orange peel block. It worked well but after I figured out how to do it, thought I could have done it with other things I already owned.
Oh well - live and learn. Hind sight: 20/20! That being said, can't wait until our expo in the fall and I'll probably buy lots more I don't need.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:05 AM

Pins. I bought 2 more boxes the other day because I was starting the long rows of my Blooming 9...then I decided to try Elmer's. Pins-be-gone! LOL!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:13 AM

sidewinder bobbin winder. Worked great the first few times, then zip, nada. sits on the shelf in the box.