Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Using Blue Jeans for quilts

Blog Entries
    Do any of you use old blue jeans for your quilts? What parts do you use?

Blog Entries
    Yes mostly just the legs but I seen a cute wall hanging on here with the pocket on for storing thinks. I cut up a lot jeans a few years and just throw the pockets away and my sister people sell them on ebay. LOL

Absolutly! I infact just cut some up today, I am useing the ones I cut up today to make rag rugs as they are stained pretty bad We are farmers and truckdrivers here the guys get pretty dirty lol, the stains wont show in woven od braided rugs though :) I try not to waste anything :)

Search jean quilts here and on the internet under images you will get lots of ideas. I even see pockets on some. My boys still use the ones my MIL made them probly 15 years ago. They get better with age!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggiesmom
    Do any of you use old blue jeans for your quilts? What parts do you use?
    Right now I am doing a jean quilt, and using the back pockets and the legs. I am making it a 5 foot square, but with only 4 large (30") blocks.

While designing the pattern, I came up with at least 8 variables of this pattern, depending on the color variations and orientation of the block.

here is one block
    Name:  Attachment-239049.jpe
Views: 1033
Size:  43.4 KB

Blog Entries
    I use cut up jeans for rag quilts. I have cut around the pockets and incorporated them into the quilt; as long as I don't have to sew over the pocket seams...I made a jean rag quilt along with flannel squares, it turned out very nice; very warm.

Yes, I do all the time, mostly for rag quilts, I have made the cathedral window out of the jeans. I use all of my jeans except for the zipper.

I have done several back in the 70's . I used to collect the jeans . Then cut the usable parts and then sort them into dark , medium and light, until I decided what pattern I was going to make.
    They do make a heavy quilt.

Blog Entries
    I've got some squares cut from mainly the legs, but also the front part and of course the pocket. I'm planning on it being a rag quilt for picnics.

Great idea! Love it.

I made a rag quilt using jeans on the front and flannel on the back. Used an 8" square so wherever it would fit I cut out a square. Bought most of mine at the Goodwill Store. Buy ones that have the wider legs, skinny jeans don't work unless you are using a very small block. You should be able to find it on here somewhere. I think I posted it under Denim Rag quilt maybe. Something like that.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast