Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Using Fusi-Boo for batting

I hope someone can answer this question....I have to piece together my batting to make it big enough for my quilt. I am using the fusi-boo fusible batting.... (this is the batting that eliminates the need for basting) my question is after I sew the two pieces together can I use my iron to iron the seam flat or will it ruin the fusibility of the batting (on that seam) when I try to fuse it to my quilt/backing? Hope I explained this well enough.....I think I have to iron out the seam so it's not raised inside the quilt....

you don't sew batting together like you do fabric, you'll have a ridge in your quilt, you butt the two edges together and zigzag across them, or better yet is to use the batting joining tape
    i do not like fusilbe batting, i always have wrinkles

Blog Entries
    I've nver heard of this batting, however, when you piece any kind of fusible interfacing, you never iron because you will activate the glue. I would not iron. try not to strech the batting as you stitch. Maybe you will have a flatter result if you whip stitch by hand. Butt the 2 edges together, do not overlap.

Thank you so much, I was ready to sew.....I have used the batting before and liked it, so I was going to use up my leftover for this quilt. I have never heard of batting tape....I will have to search that out.

Blog Entries
    You have to iron on batting joining tape. I like the tape, but don't think you can use it with fusible. I would just join it as you do any batting: cut the edges straight, butt them together then join with a wide. long zig zag.

Will do....thanks again!

If the batting fuses to the fabric, why would you need to sew it at all, wouldn't the fusible hold it in place while you quilt. Am I making sense

Blog Entries
    The fusi boo batting is far superior then the other fusible batting I have used. I had the fabric dept manager at Walmart order it for me much cheaper then buying it elsewhere. It's made by Fairfield and Walmart carries Fairfield batting. I would either sew a zig zag to join or use the batting tape. Batting tape is much easier.