Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Using a gathering foot.

JJC
    I have and want to learn to use the gathering foot when attaching a skirt bottom to the bodice of a childs dress. Is this able to be done and if so, how does it work - is it all in the stitch length etc.? Thanks so much for your help.

Blog Entries
    I prefer the ruffling foot. The ruffles are gauged by the settings on the foot as well as the stitch length. You can sew the ruffle and right onto the garment in one step :D:D:D

I haven't had as good of luck with the gathering foot. :( First you gather the fabric, and then switch feet and sew the gathers/ruffles onto the garment.

JJC
    Thanks for your reply. I also have the ruffler foot. Yes, I want to do this all in one step.

Blog Entries
    i have never been able to use the gathering foot with any degree of success.

i also prefer the ruffling foot. a pain to put on the machine but ... oooooooo ... the results are worth it. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    i have never been able to use the gathering foot with any degree of success.

i also prefer the ruffling foot. a pain to put on the machine but ... oooooooo ... the results are worth it. :-)
    i agree