Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vacations are fun, but I want to get back to work.

Blog Entries
    what's a vacation? HAven't had one since I flew out to New York when my grandson turned 1 yr old. He is now 5. Any places I have gone to have been for work, training etc.

I sometimes take my crafts with me so if I want to do something I can and if not then I can relax.

I love going on vacation, but it's just one week a year and that's enough for me. I'm always ready to come home though.

MrG doesn't really like to leave his working. He's down to part time and probably will never give it up. I took the grandson to Chicago for a week and we had a blast. I am a homebody too and I love to sew. You only live once. You may as well love it.

I always have to have hand work going. So on my vacation I brought my GFG to work on. I even starched down enough hex's for 3 'flowers' in one of the hotel rooms!

I used to do a lot of traveling but since I became involved with basset hound rescue I find most of my traveling revolves around basset friends or events. I haven't gone anywhere without 2 or 3 of the hounds in years. If I'm going to friends for longer than a weekend I pack up my machine and fabric and sew while I'm away. You'd think I'd get more finished than I do-right?

every time I go in my quilting room it feels like a mini get away :-) . as for the real thing, i love to travel and see new places, experience new people, foods, cultures - and of course always hunting for a quilt shop while i'm traveling. that's where my avatar name comes from :-) I try to do see bits and pieces of the world as often as the budget allows. but there is no place like home :-)

Our big vacations are usually a week or so but I don't take any quilting with me. I would make sure the house was in order before we left so I could get back to my sewing machine when we returned and not have to do housework or laundry. During car or plane trips my mind wanders to what I was working on, ideas for new quilts or mini remodeling for our house. Shorter weekend vacations most likely include a stop at a fabric shop.

I used to love to travel but not anymore. I like to stay home and do my craft things like you,

Blog Entries
    When we go see to my father-in-law I feel like I should be sewing. I do enjoy taking care of him and visiting, but get "ansy" having to just sit, sit, sit, sit! I have some hand projects that are portable so I take them along and work away. I feel your pain.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast