Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Very Small Scraps >

Very Small Scraps

Very Small Scraps

Old 05-29-2011, 07:54 PM

I never use anything smaller than 2.5" inch squares, but I compulsively save all my scraps, even those smaller than that.

I have tiny scraps to fill a couple of shoe boxes, at least, but no use for them. I've seen some gorgeous "string" and "crumb" quilts posted here, but the few efforts I've made towards them have been disappointing and frustrating. If anyone would like to have these little pieces I will give them to you.

They are mostly from Joann’s and LQSs, but a small percentage might be from Wal-Mart. They are mostly cotton, although a few may be blends. They are mostly prints, but there are a few solids. All are left-overs from projects I’ve successfully made, no dregs.

If you agree to accept them, you get them all. If you can’t use any of them, please give them away; I do not want them back.

I’m not competent with digital photography or uploading photos, so there are no pictures to show you. In fact, I’m not very good at computers, either, so if you can use these scraps, please send me a PM. (Please do not reply on this message board).

I’m a new participant here, and when I’ve had questions, so many of you have been so helpful and encouraging I naturally thought of you all to offer these fabric pieces to first.

I’m looking forward to reclaiming the space these little ones are taking up in my very small sewing/paper crafts/computer room.

Please let me hear from you.

Thank you.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:04 PM
Power Poster

You can use them to stuff pillows.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:12 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

You will be able to find someone here that will be happy to take them off your hands. There are a lot of crumb quilters here.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:42 PM

Thank you for writing. Actually, a taker responded within seconds of my posting, and I've promised them to her.

I wish you all the best!
Old 05-29-2011, 10:18 PM

Down here there is even a local chapter of the state quilters guild that meets at one of the Humane Shelters and they make pet beds using the scraps.

ali
Old 05-29-2011, 10:21 PM

Thanks for telling me. I've already promised them to a fellow quilting board member who makes Alzhiemer's quilts. Thanks to all who responded. You are all WONDERFUL friends.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:20 AM
Power Poster

for future reference===along with scrappy collectors here-
local animal shelters, scout troops and art teachers all appreciate the donations of fabric scraps too.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:28 AM

I save all of my little pieces and use them in stuffing dog and cat beds for the animal shelters
Old 06-02-2011, 04:42 AM

I make a lot of charity quilts, so my little scraps get put to good use on scrappy quilts. I figure I paid the same $8-10.00 per yard on those scraps as I did on the first cut, so I hate tossing them out. :)