Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
viking fab u motion >

viking fab u motion

viking fab u motion

Old 04-27-2010, 06:30 PM

I saw a post a year ago about the viking fab u motion and was wondering if anybody had anything new about them. One of the sales people in my viking store said they cost about $3000 but she has one she will sell me for $600 maybe $500 it does have the stitch regulator to go with my Sapphire 830 and still in the box with price tag. Just wondering if anyone has any new thoughts about them. I did find a new one at an online dealer for $1100
Old 04-27-2010, 06:53 PM

First of all, the fabumotion w/stitch regulator, if it's still available retailed for $1200 and has been on sale at Viking Galleries for $495. The Dealers can charge whatever they choose to. The Galleries are company owned stores and the Company determines the prices. The Dealerships are privately owned and can determine whatever they choose to charge above wholesale.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:16 PM

Yes, $3,000 is way over priced but the $500 isn't too bad. I have one and don't like it as well as I thought I would. I'd say give it a real good try before buying.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:03 AM

I hate mine. Got it for $600 2 years ago. Used it total of 3 hours. It's been back in the box under the bed since then. Its' become the nightly toe-stubber when I get in bed.
Reasons: area is too small to work on; weight of quilt pulls too much; takes forever to set up and take off; it's higher than machine bed; makes machine throat even more crowded when quilt is rolled under there. I could go on but you get my drift.
In fairness, there are other QB members who like it. Please, please try it out with a LARGE quilted item, not the small sample item they use in the store. Of course a small item works!!
If you lived near me you could have mine!!
Please try it and let me know if it works for you--maybe it's just me and I'm doing something wrong (which wouldn't be the first time LOL)
Old 04-28-2010, 07:56 AM

I don't have one. I have tried it out and find that it works best on smaller quilts. I wouldn't even attempt anything larger than a 40x40 quilt.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:17 AM

I'm with Honchey -- but I have one; got it for a great price. They're great for smaller projects (bags, wall hangings, etc), but nothing too big.
Originally Posted by Honchey
I don't have one. I have tried it out and find that it works best on smaller quilts. I wouldn't even attempt anything larger than a 40x40 quilt.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:58 AM

I have one w/stitch regulator....pd. under 400 on sale @ a Viking Gallery a couple of yrs. ago.....had trouble with it and decided it was my FMQ that I couldn't do and put it away. Recently, before my shoulder surgery, I took the box out and found a CD on how it worked with lots of tips on the website. DUH, going it alone never works. As soon as my shoulder heals I'm going to give it a whirl again, even though my FMQ hasn't improved; but,I'm going to work on that also. Can't stand having something that I can't operate. I suggest going to Viking Website and watch the video.