Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Viking Saphire 835 Sewing Machine

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    10

    Viking Saphire 835 Sewing Machine

    Does anyone have any particular hints on using this machine. I just bought one and am slowing learning how to use it. Just thought I'd see if anyone else has one of these.

    Cindi

  2. #2
    Senior Member abc123retired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Suburban Chicago
    Posts
    333
    Blog Entries
    1
    There is a Yahoo group for the Sapphire with all kinds of helps and hints.

  3. #3
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N. Florida
    Posts
    4,667
    Blog Entries
    45
    First thing I would do is read the manual. Have fun with your new machine.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Hinterland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    887
    Enjoy your new machine! Definitely look for the Yahoo group - they're very helpful.

    My main Sapphire hint is to make sure the pressure foot is at the highest point when you thread the machine. It has two or three steps, and if it isn't at the highest spot you might have some tension problems.

    Janet

  5. #5
    Super Member quiltinggirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    4,097
    Do you have a Joann's store near you that is a Viking dealer? If so, I would call them and see if you can sign up for classes. I know there will be a fee for the class since you didn't buy the machine from them, but you might find the classes helpful. I have the Sapphire 875Q and LOVE it! There are so many functions to the Viking machine and I must admit that it does take a while to learn all there is to learn. Good luck and have fun with your 835!
    God, Wonderful Family, Great Health, Awesome Friends, Quilting & Chocolates - - What more could a girl be blessed with!!

  6. #6
    Super Member quiltsRfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    6,049
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltinggirl View Post
    Do you have a Joann's store near you that is a Viking dealer? If so, I would call them and see if you can sign up for classes. I know there will be a fee for the class since you didn't buy the machine from them, but you might find the classes helpful. I have the Sapphire 875Q and LOVE it! There are so many functions to the Viking machine and I must admit that it does take a while to learn all there is to learn. Good luck and have fun with your 835!
    Good suggestion. I also hve the 875Q and love it. Never took the lessons but I probably should have.

  7. #7
    Super Member nhweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Delmarva Peninsula
    Posts
    1,167
    Blog Entries
    1
    i Have the 875Q, and it is in for repair at least once a year. I have one of those "made in China on a monday" machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
    Good suggestion. I also hve the 875Q and love it. Never took the lessons but I probably should have.
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

  8. #8
    Super Member quiltsRfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    6,049
    Quote Originally Posted by nhweaver View Post
    i Have the 875Q, and it is in for repair at least once a year. I have one of those "made in China on a monday" machine.
    Haven't had any trouble with mine. Guess mine wasn't made on Monday. Don't know about China.

    I've had it for 2-3 years - can't remember exactly when I got it. Haven't even had it in to be serviced but should be doing that soon.

  9. #9
    Junior Member HollyDav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, MA
    Posts
    129
    I have the 835 and am loving it! It took me a bit to get used to it, my old machine was not computerized but once I got going with it I just love sewing with it. If you bought the machine from a local shop, definitely take the free class. It was very helpful. Also the users manual is very user friendly. I keep it on my table for quick reference. Glad for the tip on the Yahoo group, I will check that out too :-) Enjoy!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    387
    I just bought the 875Q Sapphire in November and I love it! The Sapphire Yahoo group is very helpful. The list owner address is: VikingSapphire-owner@yahoogroups.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.