Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Belvedere Adler machine

Blog Entries
    I have had this machine for a few years now. I really never checked it out til now. No book or attachments with the machine. Any one out there have this machine? I just got her out, and see the feed dogs lower. She is a 950B. Any information would be greatly helpful.

Blog Entries
    Isn't she one of those 15 clones? Anyhow, I had one in the past and they are sturdy all metal machines that should work forever with a little TLC.

Blog Entries
    What is a 15 clone?

Quote Originally Posted by julia58
    What is a 15 clone?
    The Singer Class 15 sewing machine was copied by a lot of manufacturers in Japan and other countries. The directions for the Singer model 15 will basically work for any of those machines, and can be downloaded for free. One thing the other manufacturers did was add some features, like the ability to lower feed dogs easily. They are good hard working machines.

Here is a link to download a free manual for the Singer 15 and other machines.
    http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...e-manuals.html

I believe the Adler's were considered good machines, well made. Adler did or perhaps still does... commercial machines too. I saw a craiglist ad for Belvedere, but I don't remember if it was a 15 style or not. I seem to remember it looked more like a Singer 99k. But I could be sooooo wrong. Sounds like a great machine to have. Got a picture of it you can post here?

Quote Originally Posted by emmah
    Oh.... Emmah... love the quilt in your avatar photo!

Quote Originally Posted by kwendt
    Thanks. I based the quilt on the story of Jesus calming the sea and call it "Why are you so afraid?" (I have a lot of sailors/boaters in my family.) I used prairie points for the waves.

Quote Originally Posted by kwendt
    Thanks. I based the quilt on the story of Jesus calming the sea and call it "Why are you so afraid?" (I have a lot of sailors/boaters in my family.) I used prairie points for the waves.
    Very, Very cool.... I remember that story so well, one of my favorites. Awesome quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by julia58 View Post
    I have had this machine for a few years now. I really never checked it out til now. No book or attachments with the machine. Any one out there have this machine? I just got her out, and see the feed dogs lower. She is a 950B. Any information would be greatly helpful.
    Julia, did you ever find information about your 950-B? I bought one recently that had no attachments and I'm looking for them. The only thing I've discovered is that Riccar is the company that made them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast