Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Vintage machine

I recently "discovered" a vintage "Wizard" sewing machine in my attic?? Does anyone know of this brand of machine.... is it worth keeping. It appears to be in good shape. Thanks. Cindy

Blog Entries
    Here's the link to another Quilting Board thread about a Wizard machine that might give you some insight into it.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-8453-1.htm

Cindy, without a picture it is hard to say. But my guess would be a Singer clone that was made in Japan sometime after the war. They were imported and given lots of different names. These are usually good machines and worth keeping, in my opinion.

Post a picture and you will get lots of help.

If I recall correctly, Wizard was a 'store brand' like Kenmore was for Sears, but I don't remember what store it was. If the machine is in good condition and works...that's all that matters anyway!

Wizard was from Western Auto - some of them are really good machines - and all of the vintage Wizards I've seen are absolutely beautiful - especially the "clones" of the Singer Model 15's - the ones that stick with me are a gorgeous Capri blue! :)