Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Quilt Patterns - Share Your Favorite

Do you have a favorite vintage quilt pattern that you made way back when and want to make again? Do you still have the pattern? Share your favorite with us.

In the mid 70's I worked as a para pro in my High School sewing lab while attending college. My mentor introduced me and her students to quilting through Gingham Goose patterns. Sleepy Teddy is my favorite. I made one for my nephew and still have the pattern. I want to introduce my charity quilting friends to Sleepy Teddy. I think he would be loved by any little gal or guy who received him.
    http://www.ginghamgoosepatterns.com/...?dir_cat=11645

I made about 15 of this pattern in the late 70s and early 80s. I sent them to shelters for babies and to Ronald McDonald houses. Fun to do.

I guess my favorite old pattern would be the whig rose.

Seen here, http://www.patternsfromhistory.com/b...bible_rose.htm

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Both are great patterns!

I agree both are great patterns.

OMG.. talk about a blast from the past.. http://www.ginghamgoosepatterns.com/...?dir_cat=12062

That is the first "pattern" quilt I ever made.. it was for a nephew and I did it in shades of peaches and tans.. he still has it and that's been maybe 25 years ago.. maybe more..lol. awesome.

hi Tip I made the bear and the horse and ? I had a lot of these patterns... found the bear one at Gwill a while back less than a $1 so got it???? why I thought it was cute and maybe again

Just took a look,,, ahhh the sun bonnet sue and sam too

I have a bunch of those patterns that my mother used for my own kids. There was one with separate horses to tuck into places on the quilt and a train for my son. The train one was his favorite and shows wear! She had all the fabric collected for Sunbonnet Sue so I finished that one and have it tucked away for "future reference". Just might have to get those patterns out again.

Illinois, Oh...please post some pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by lbosma
    Illinois, Oh...please post some pictures!
    Since I don't know how to post pictures to this site, I'm going to simply refer you to www.ginghamgoosepatterns.com website. My mother pretty much stuck with the suggested fabrics/colors on the patterns and the ones she did were Amy Sue (that one I finished), Chuggy Choo-Choo and Grandpa's Pony Farm. My dad had a red truck like the one on the pony farm quilt so there was significance there for my "little boy". (He's now 30 yrs. old.) I recently did some repairs to the train one and then tucked it away again--with lots of love!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast