Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Vintage Sheet Fabric

I'm trolling around Etsy and find in the vintage section a lot of postings of fat quarters cut from vintage sheets. What do you think of buying such for use in a quilt? I'm new to this and have plans to use some old treasured clothing in future quilts but something in me is reluctant to buy these...even though some of the prints are just lovely.

I have used lots--but made sure it was still strong before using.....they are pretty! and I am making family quilts from scraps up to 800 years old!

oh wow, I'd be afraid to trust the fabric was quality... I'd want to see it for myself....

Quote Originally Posted by okiepastor
    I have used lots--but made sure it was still strong before using.....they are pretty! and I am making family quilts from scraps up to 800 years old!
    Did you really mean 800 years old or 80 years old? I'd like to see the 800 year old fabric... :lol:

same here 800 years is a very loing time lol :) pleas let me see :)

I was wondering about a similar thing I saw on Ebay. Someone was selling cut up pieces of vintage candlewick bedspreads. If it were really cheap, it may be worth the risk, but some people's idea of useable is not another's.

I was wondering about the 800 years old, too, and wondered if it was supposed to be 80! I am curious! Okiepastor is in Oklahoma not Europe, but you never can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by okiepastor
    TYPO---80 years!obviously I should have gone to bed earlier :oops:

The posting shows it as just 7:30 PM but I think the board must be on California time because it was 10:30 at my house when I made the post ;-) so you are quite forgiven Okie for the typo!

Sometimes I get on this board and just can't stop, regardless of the clock or having to go to work in the morning ;-)

Thanks so much y'all. I knew I could count on this board for measured opinions about this.