Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vintage thread spools?

I have some in a big glass jar i got at WalMart. They are starting to overrun my sewing room..so thinking of either starting a garland with beads inbetween to spread them out. or I have seen a nifty wreath. Try looking on Pinterest for ideas. DON"T THROW THEM AWAY!! I will buy them from you if you dont' want to keep them!
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Lara122 View Post
    My kids are older, so no dice there. I don't have a sewing 'area' at all. I take over the kitchen table, and island usually. My fabric is on an industrial shelf in my kitchen, and in mismatched plastic storage units, also in my kitchen. My new red eye treadle is in my bedroom, replacing the alarm clock table!

My house is SO small!! and messy. =/. it is definitely not 'decorated-able'!!

I would be glad to send them on if anyone here collects them! They are in great shape, and the ones with lots of thread on them are in beautiful colors!!
    i would love to have them. i have a dedicated sewing room and have other jars of buttons and spools on display.

Blog Entries
    My mom is 86 and has given me some old spools. I have them as a keepsake. Mom mentioned they use to cut them in half and use them as cabinet pulls. Waste nothing. I got a vintage dresser and do just that. Varnished the ends so the thread company still showed.

I moved and couldn't take the furniture with me... But love the idea and will do it again.

I've seen them made into Christmas ornaments. Not sure what to do with them, hate to toss them. I never got around to putting them in the base of the lamp I bought to fill with seashells. Seashells are still sitting in the box- for 5 years. Wonder what the next plan will be for the lamp?

I have had so many lovely responses, wishing for the spools. Before I tell who is first, would you (anyone?) want to share them around, or *if* you were the winner, would you want them all?

I will tell you that I am SO broke, I would have to have help with shipping. If I already have envelopes, that is no problem. Hopefully I won't have to buy them! because I am . . . . broke!!!

I need to go count them!! ;0) It is probably two double handfuls!

thoughts?

Blog Entries
    you can sell them at a consignment shop...that is where i buy mine. I pay 10.00 a jar full.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2