Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Quilt Retreat - April Edition 4-19-13

Blog Entries
    DeeCee, when you get one done be sure to post here, even if it is a month from now! we love looking at them.

Myrna, OMG that is stunning. I would actually use the red for the lining and the inside of the tab, black on the outside. It would really give it a punch! But a black lining would look more elegant. Hmmm, hard choice.

Also just put a little binding on the piece that messed up, and use it for a coaster in your sewing room. And yes there are some decorative stitches that dont work, but you cant tell until you try.

Everyone's bags look so good, Love the different looks!

Nice work, folks. I love the black and white -- really classy. I'm finished with mine. I've cut out one more that is about 3" taller and will do the quilting on it this weekend, but need to wait until the magnetic clasps and more zippers come in that I ordered. I used two pieces of magnets inside this one and they are not really strong enough. This is a great pattern and I can see myself making more. I really appreciate the tute on doing a zippered pocket inside the lining. THANKS SO MUCH, CAROLYN!
    Name:  Retreat tote.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  214.8 KB
    Name:  Retreat tote-1.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  199.9 KB

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Mary B, I love your black and white. Very classy!
    Belfry, you are quick.

The news on the terrorist in Boston got my attention last night. PTL they caught the remaining terrorist.

Anyway, this morning I 'have to' wash my red fabric before I can begin. Can't wait though.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Kel
    Thanks so much for your Tote bag instructions. I had trouble getting back to this page, not sure if I will finish, but I am loving all of the posts and the different varriations.

Everyone's bags are looking great! Took a few minutes on my lunch break to get on here and peak. Gotta get back downstairs and let someone else have a chance to grab a bite before we get really busy this afternoon

Blog Entries
    Ok ladies, how are we doing?? am anxious to see more photos.

Here is a photo of the diamonds, they are all done, now need to sash it, about 1/2 way done with that.

Name:  IMG_04961_zpsf779e881.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  87.7 KB

Carolyn: Your diamonds are really striking. I would really like to esperiment with that design.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
    Carolyn: Your diamonds are really striking. I would really like to esperiment with that design.
    Emma, wish I could give ya a pattern or a link, but I just kinda fudged alot and finally got something workable....lol next time I do one, I will invest the time in finding a pattern. I kept thinking "oh how hard can this be" LOL pretty darned with those stupid angles...I have lots of scraps now...might make a cute string quilt out of them later

Finished my bag today. There were a couple new techniques here, just what I was looking for, I like to try new things. I will make another one, which should go smoother, hehe.

Carolyn, thank you again for your help and hosting this retreat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lynda Rae

"One who makes no mistakes -- never makes anything!" Author Unknown

Carolyn,

The diamonds are great, I love the colors, blue is my favorite. I'm a little slow on the quilting, the machine I am conferrable on only goes forward and back and no fancy stitches. I should have it finished by tomorrow. I am doing a random pattern kind of following the flowers. I did get out for a walk this afternoon, it got to the low 40's and the snow is leaving. I will post photo tomorrow.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast