Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Quilt Retreat - April Edition 4-19-13

Tracy: Really like your bag. Remember that was not a mistake, it was a design decision.

Have my machine set up for FM so havn't started yet, although I sure want to.

Blog Entries
    Ok Ladies, tis the end of the weekend. How about some photos of progress?? or fabrics? anything? lol Hope you enjoyed this months virtual retreat. I took my bag to the quilt show last weekend had to go home once it was full. Probably should have made it a tad bigger lol

Anyhow, here is a photo of my weekend project. I call this one "Heart of the Flame" because the center or heart of a flame is blue/white. And my son is the center of my heart. This one is for his birthday. I will be quilting it with a flame pantograph in variegated blue threads to keep with the theme.

Name:  IMG_04971_zpsa7a70791.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  85.6 KB

Have a project picked out for next month already thinking of doing a reversable washable hat! That way we can all go spend time outside in style and safety! keep that in mind for when you are shopping this month. It just calls for cotton fabric and some heavy interfacing.

Amazing quilt Carolyn. You are a real dynamo, I would never be able to get a entire quilt top done in a weekend. Reminds me of the old saying, "If you want something done, ask a busy person."
    I am a no show on this project. I really want to do it and I am really excited about my fabric choices. Will probably get started after I finish quilting my current UFO. In May I think I might take a break from bed size quilts and finish some small items.

I finished mine yesterday afternoon and am thrilled with it but am having problems downloading photos from my camera at the moment, only one out of three showed up last time. Perhaps I should try with DH's camera.

I'm planning to make another bag soon, slightly bigger for shopping. I agree with you Sapphire, the tab seems to need some bling - I found a big pearl and gold button for mine.

Tracy what a cute idea to turn a small miscalculation into a big success! I love your purse. Well done.

Gorgeous quilt Carolyn, and the reversible hat sounds great.
    Mary B

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Carolyn your quilt is beautiful! Wow.
    I didn't get as far as I had hoped on the tote this weekend but will keep heading forward. Had to rip a few seams since I got ahead of myself.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Here is my finished tote. Thank you again Carolyn, for all your hard work, for the opportunity to participate in this great retreat and for a super pattern.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mary B

Blog Entries

Tote done and lips sealed on all the mistakes I made

Hubby took pics and didn't align the solid so it showed across the bottom. I obviously messed up on the magnet. Next one will be better (I hope) Love the material in it and the green picked up the other greens. Had problem with the zipper and ruined a whole section, so figured out how to make one anyhow, and it is a mix of lining and green inside. Got it all done today...so maybe went to fast. Sewed till 11 p.m. CA time. Thanks so much for the hard work you did, Carolyn and all you otherwise did for me, so I could be in the retreat.

Hugs to all.

Vickey S.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Greater is He that is in me, then he that is in the world"

www.dollsforverysickkids.com

Hi Carolyn, have been away for the weekend so did not even get started but have the directions so will try to get with it this next weekend. Love your quilt, thanks so much for organising, so many lovely completed bags.

Great totes, everyone. Carolyn -- love your quilt. Maybe one of these months' VQD, you could teach us how to do the diamonds and get them set in? This was my first time participating, and I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to making a hat next month!

Myra: Really elegant.
    Vickey: Love your fabric.
    Nice job everyone. Want to do this so bad.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast