Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilt Retreat - March Edition 3-22-13 >

Virtual Quilt Retreat - March Edition 3-22-13

Virtual Quilt Retreat - March Edition 3-22-13

Old 03-23-2013, 05:37 AM

ok I was up at 6am (now that's an all time record for me, it's usually 9 before I even think about it).
Anyway, I restarted the new one I had made the embroidery for and while I was doing it, I got to thinking "Why not make it reversible?"

SO now that I have the first side done, I'm working on a back side. Here's the first side:

Am I glowing yet? LOL
Attached Thumbnails dscn1368.jpg  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by CarolynMT View Post
Dede, I would strongly recommend you bringing it up, it takes a whopping 1min to stitch 2 seams, then iron. I spend more time getting up/down than I do ironing and sewing and my ironing board is behind my chair...lol
I use a portable ironing table made from a tv tray and padded top, a small iron...next to my machine, sure saves these old bones lots of getting up and down.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Ashjoy View Post
I'm not using the suggested variation of colors. I'm using a fat eights bundle I had and I'm loving how it looks. It's bright and cheery. I will have to pick up fabric for the backing.

I'm so excited, the first half of my runner is done!
I LOVE it !!! I also like bright colors and the cute center dresden. This would work with jelly rolls too....just a little wider (2-1/2" strips).
Old 03-23-2013, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
Wow Vicki that is so beautiful!!!! and I don't even like pinks that much but you have made it so tempting to try one.
Great job!
Thanks. I'm not a big pink fan either but tickled how pretty this fabric worked up. Can't wait to do the teal one. I'm loving all the runners too. This will definitely be the plan for Christmas gifts this year, along with smaller version for placemats.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:40 AM

Just Gorgeous. Have to get going.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
ok I was up at 6am (now that's an all time record for me, it's usually 9 before I even think about it).
Anyway, I restarted the new one I had made the embroidery for and while I was doing it, I got to thinking "Why not make it reversible?"

SO now that I have the first side done, I'm working on a back side. Here's the first side:

Am I glowing yet? LOL
That looks lovely! and yes you are glowing there

One hint, if you are making this reversible, I would recommend doing decorative stitches or the serpentine for the quilting. You might not get all the lines from the braids lined up front to back. I personally love the serpentine stitch, it hides a TON of wonky piecing
Old 03-23-2013, 08:41 AM

Everyone has such pretty runners developing, such fun to see the different colors. I have been working on my purple runner. Had a hard time deciding what to do for the center block, put waaayyy to much thinking into it. Last night I made a block, but it is a 12 inch block (oops, too big!). Now, Carolyn said I could still make the runner, but use 2.5" x 12.5" and 2.5" accent squares, but that means another trip to the LQS. So, this morning I made an 8" block. I had the strips laid out, then the kitty inspector decided he didn't like the order I had them in...he put them in a pile so I can start again. *sigh*

Finally, I am going to start sewing these braids!
Attached Thumbnails dscn0405-640x480-.jpg  
Old 03-23-2013, 08:50 AM

ok I'm back with the 2nd side. Your were so right Carolyn, this is so addicting!
I thought I'd let you know how my thought process is going here.

While making the 1st side with the wreath (called Summer Wreath) I noticed it could not only be used as a summer wreath but add a little 4th of July decorations and you are set for the holiday as well. That got me to thinking about other holidays. The white tiny rounds and splashes on the center block reminded me of making bubbles in the summer with my kids when they were young but they also look like snow balls in the winter. So guess what? The back is a winter theme with snow people. Now I will have to make another one with Spring on one side and Fall on the other. Gee how did this get so out of control???? I will wait untill later to figure out the 2nd set, it might take a bit longer to decide on how to incorporate both using similar colors.

So here are the Snow People!
Attached Thumbnails side-2.jpg  
Old 03-23-2013, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Sapphire_Rae View Post
Everyone has such pretty runners developing, such fun to see the different colors. I have been working on my purple runner. Had a hard time deciding what to do for the center block, put waaayyy to much thinking into it. Last night I made a block, but it is a 12 inch block (oops, too big!). Now, Carolyn said I could still make the runner, but use 2.5" x 12.5" and 2.5" accent squares, but that means another trip to the LQS. So, this morning I made an 8" block. I had the strips laid out, then the kitty inspector decided he didn't like the order I had them in...he put them in a pile so I can start again. *sigh*

Finally, I am going to start sewing these braids!

I like that block.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:56 AM

petthefabric, you ladies are doing a great job and I just love that rose runner.