Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilt Weekend--11/7-11/10/11 >

Virtual Quilt Weekend--11/7-11/10/11

Virtual Quilt Weekend--11/7-11/10/11

Old 11-07-2014, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
I finished this Doctor Who block yesterday afternoon. The next next block has been prepped and is atop my cutting table with maybe half of the individual sections sewn. It will be a weird one ;-) Hope to finish it today, then put the paper piecing away and work on some patchwork I have going.

43 itty bitty pieces in the fringe alone.
block is 12"
Wow, 43 pieces and itty bitty to boot. I love paper piecing but I really have to want to make something in order to choose a lot of little pieces. I love the colors you are using. Great job, on patience alone!
Old 11-07-2014, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by tucsonquilter View Post
I am still adding the white border on the king size 1.5" hexie quilt......sign
The prints and colors you are using make your hexie quilt look comfy. It looks like it will be beautiful when you are finished.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:30 AM

I'm starting this: http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/magazi.../quilt-sampler - its the cover quiilt on the Better Homes and Gardens Fall/Winter 2014 Quilt Sampler magazine. I will finish cutting out this evening, and start paper piecing tomorrow. Lord only knows how long it will take - gonna calculate how many pieces are in it now!
Old 11-07-2014, 10:30 AM

I'm hoping to get a bit of piecing and quilting time in this weekend. I have a twin top almost loaded on my mid-arm for an "almost" grand daughter (she's 2 of my granddaughter's cousin and spends a lot of time at our house and going to church with us) and am also piecing on a scrappy top for DH's brother. We want to go to a Home Show part of Saturday and have church on Sunday...I need more end in my week!
Old 11-07-2014, 10:51 AM

This is the pattern I'm using for the table topper.... Gotta go draw the lines on the batting now...hope I can keep them straight! http://designstoshare.com/patterns/v...rn.php5?id=185
Old 11-07-2014, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by calla View Post
I need to shorten DH jeans.......I have to clear my sewing area 1st.....sheesh......calla
Here is a shortcut, if you don't know about it yet. It is fast, accurate, no cutting, and you keep the original hemline. I do not cut mine and just leave folded on the inside, securing the fold by stitching down at side seams. Since I don't mind it being there, I don't bother with it. http://refashionmama.wordpress.com/2...-hem-on-jeans/ or watch a quick video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUhV6FAFsYI

If need to cut off this gal puts a zig zag firsthttp: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d4CCD_8ebw
Old 11-07-2014, 11:50 AM

Tell a newbie how this works, I've never participated.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
I finished this Doctor Who block yesterday afternoon. The next next block has been prepped and is atop my cutting table with maybe half of the individual sections sewn. It will be a weird one ;-) Hope to finish it today, then put the paper piecing away and work on some patchwork I have going.

43 itty bitty pieces in the fringe alone.
block is 12"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]497978[/ATTACH]
OMG.... i remember when he took over from Jon Pertwee --- but cannot remember the real name of that Doctor !! I cannot WAIT to see your final quilt...your blocks have been just amazing !!!

PS..... i would love to be in again. SO much still to do for Christmas .... and now it is week 2 of November and i am beginning to feel the pressure building.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by charsuewilson View Post
I have a king sized quilt to quilt, lots of UFOs, and I need to make a cat door for our sliding glass door. The cat door will be a quilted pillow to place in the gap of the door, so I can leave it open enough for the cats to get in and out.
Sounds like the perfect place for a "door mouse"
Old 11-07-2014, 12:22 PM

I will be joining too. Have to finish a binding and quilting on another quilt that are donated to the women's shelter on Tuesday.

Also doing some stash diving to find fabrics for the BH mystery and scrappy swap. Should be finishing some other UFOs and doing yard and house work.....

This sounds better...