Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Nov 13 to Nov 15, 2016 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Nov 13 to Nov 15, 2016

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Nov 13 to Nov 15, 2016

Old 11-13-2015, 02:04 PM

I'm quilting an oversized lap quilt for my sofa. I have a kitty that likes to paw at it after every meal. She doesn't have claws in the front but when she jumps from the back of the sofa after her routine of pawing/scratching she jumps clear over to her condo..........about a 6 foot jump so I know she digs into the sofa to give herself a little "UMP" for the jump. I also can see little claw marks on the fabric. So hopefully I'll get the quilting part done by Sunday so I can stitch the binding on Monday and have it to work on while I recover from foot surgery on Tuesday. Got all my TV shows ready to go (recorded on DVR), have the phone next to my recliner, tall glass of vinegar water and I'm good to go. This quilt has 10 rows and I'm quilting it sideways as I'm doing a feather cable that takes 40 minutes time using the robotics. Also almost a full bobbin on each row too. Didn't realize just how stitch intensive it was but always wanted to try out the feather cable pattern I have in my collection from Ellen Munnich's designs.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:28 PM

Joined in this afternoon. My mom came over and we finished 12 stocking for the children's hospital (have 13 more that need cuffs added) and have 4 pillowcases pinned. Okay, guess that's not technically 'quilting", but it is finishing up some projects
Old 11-13-2015, 02:32 PM

Joining in... Trying to get raw edge applique done by machine on a Christmas sampler quilt. First some practice on a small baby quilt that I pieced and fused (quite some time ago). It's very bright so I'm having fun using variegated thread to do the blanket stitch. Here's a few photos of the baby quilt...
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 11-13-2015, 03:15 PM

I'm joining in this weekend. I have binding to put on a UFO. I am also starting a wedding quilt for my grandson and his fiancé. It is a kit from Craftsy. I sure hope it turns out to have all I need. It is an easy pattern and I am excited to get started. Tonight I am watching Kentucky basketball and sewing binding.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:33 PM

I wish I could. I have a full day class for a celtic table runner tomorrow. And two pair of dress pants for DD to hem plus some American Girl clothing to sew for Xmas gift for DGD. I promised myself I would get that all out of the way before starting my next project. But I will be checking in to see what all of you achieve.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by OhCanada View Post
Joining in... Trying to get raw edge applique done by machine on a Christmas sampler quilt. First some practice on a small baby quilt that I pieced and fused (quite some time ago). It's very bright so I'm having fun using variegated thread to do the blanket stitch. Here's a few photos of the baby quilt...
Beautiful quilt, Valerie! So cheery and colorful.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:47 PM

Like GailG, I am doing the same things again this VQW-cleaning my sewing area. I'm watching basketball and sorting scraps by color now.

I'm hoping to cut more Dresdan blades for my son and his fiancés wedding quilt sometime this weekend.

Connie
Old 11-13-2015, 04:54 PM

Valerie, I LOVE the brights in your quilts. Great job.

I hope to get some quilting in this weekend but I am also up against the clock painting things for the craft bazaar I am participating in next weekend. The bazaar helps raise money for the Christmas gifts given to families in Uganda. Each family get a Bible, a goat, a chicken, a large bag of rice, a mosquito net, and other miscellaneous items. Sew, I will joining the VQW on a smaller scale.

Last edited by SewExtremeSeams; 11-13-2015 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:39 PM

Nothing to show for my day! (except for clean bathrooms .... and a great aquafit class this morning!) I so wanted to use my Sapphire 870Q and stitch out my label....ugh.... not happening....BUT...then.... couldn't even print out my word label as I ran out of ink!..... okay.... I think that is remedied now so maybe tomorrow afternoon I can print it out and then get my Pigma Pen in motion!
Little grand doggie nestled beside me as I type.... hope I don't have to hand stitch my label as I have 13 stores to acknowledge on my Row by Row.....
Old 11-13-2015, 07:28 PM

Finished all the quilting on the Advent calendars. Now it is on to buttons and ornaments.