Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- September 2 to 5, 2016 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- September 2 to 5, 2016

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- September 2 to 5, 2016

Old 09-02-2016, 06:29 AM
Power Poster

I try to sew every weekend...I'd go crazy if I didn't......so I'm in...I have a UFO to quilt and have been deconstructing denim for to get ready for jean quilts...let 'er rip...but first I have to mow lawn after the dew dries off....
Old 09-02-2016, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

Oh I sew understand....
Originally Posted by Reba'squilts View Post
I will be trying to sandwich 3 quilts that I made blocks for when I was up north. Oh, first I have to sew them together. I have pieces of fabric all over my sewing area that I am trying to audition for the sashing. Have to make some decisions. Whatever everyone decides to do...enjoy!
Old 09-02-2016, 06:37 AM

Yay! I love VQWs. I'm working on a quilt that is a Christmas present for my oldest granddaughter. It is a tessellating pinwheel and I got really tired of it last year when I started it. I've decided to play with it a bit, so it won't be an all-over tessellation. Instead, there are two areas that tessellate and they are divided by simple sashing from each other. Now I'm mulling over what borders to put on it to make it a nice lap sized quilt. I hope to get the top completed this weekend. If I get that done, I will probably work on an art piece that I'm collaborating on with another artist.

Rob
<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>
Old 09-02-2016, 06:46 AM

Since I won't be home for part of the weekend, I will be spending Saturday finishing a King-sized quilt that has been accepted into MQX Midwest. I'm SO excited!!

The rest of the weekend will be spent with the grandbabies!
Old 09-02-2016, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations, Leta...
Old 09-02-2016, 06:52 AM

Will try to get borders done on one lap quilt. Also need to get a backing pieced for the Mountain Majesties that is finally done. This MM has taken too long since I worked on it only sporadically. I look forward to seeing the progress of everyone.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:05 AM

I have to finish the binding on a lapquilt, I'd been putting it off due to the heat but we are expected to have a couple cooler days. Then I get to spend some time piecing solids which I find much more enjoyable!
Old 09-02-2016, 07:36 AM

I'm in! First stop, JoAnn's to see if I can find something to buy w/my coupons. Probably won't start sewing until late tonight. I'll be making 16 patch blocks from 1.5" squares.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:50 AM

I wish I could join you but have too much else going on. Local town has a huge craft fair all three days. Want to check it out first thing Sat. AM before it gets too crowded; have a 7AM blood test before Tues. knee replacement surgery. I want to go to the Parade Sun. School district closed one of 4 high schools and combined the marching bands into one. My DD marched in band back in the day and I've followed them since. Mon. is planned getting the apt. organized for after-surgery. My BFF of 60 years is coming in from CA to take care of me. I MAY have time to get a little quilting done in short bits of time. I sure hope so as I won't be able to sew for a couple of weeks. I'll be checking here to see what all of you have been doing. I'm envious for all the quilting time you'll have.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:41 AM
mim

great Idea -- I don't often read all the posts, but this one is a great thought!!!! I am working on a baby quilt for my great gd -- I still have the border to hand quilt and It would be wonderful if I could finish it this weekend. I have company tomorrow and (hopefully NOT) bridge game on Monday -- I'll post a pix Monday nite -- finished or not

Mim